Chapter 2- Revenge Served Cold

R I L E Y

2| Revenge served cold

" F*** F*** F***!!!!" Liam swore under his breath. I looked over uncertainly.

"You okay?" I asked.

"There's a f***king spider! Of course I'm not ok!" He shot back, before turning his attention to the spider. I grabbed a tissue and walked over to his table. After having a good old squint, I finally identified a tiny spider and scooped it up with the tissue. Liam sighed in relief and massaged his temples.

"You...of all people are afraid of this tiny household spider?" I asked skeptically.

"Yes- NO!" He vehemently denied.

"Really?" I asked, holding the tissue closer to his face. A sheen of sweat appeared on his forehead.

"Get that thing away from me!" He warned.

"But why? It's only a household spider. It's no even poisonous!" I argued.

"Ok, ok! I might have a slight case of arachnophobia, ok?" Liam admitted.

"Woah, I was not expecting that from you. For someone who has been to jail twice, you have a SLIGHT case of arachnophobia? Which by the way, slight is the understatement of the century." I questioned suspiciously.

"Ok, maybe not a SLIGHT case. I'm just really scared of bugs I literally cannot even-" he clamped his hand over his mouth as he lost his composure. I felt a grin creep up onto my face.

"Hey hey hey! Wait till I tell people about this!" I teased.

"NO! No, you can't!" Liam practically pleaded.

"Why not?" I asked innocently.

"Because I have a reputation!"

"Hmmmm......" I pretended to think. Liam closed his eyes wearily.

"Please."

"Oh alright, since you asked nicely. I won't tell anyone."

"T-" Liam's expression was pure relief.

"BUT, you have to do me a favour." I cut off.

"What kind of favour?" He narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"You know that really popular girl Madeleine Grey? I need you to break her heart." I hissed.

"You...want me to date Madeleine...and then ditch her." Liam repeated numbly.

"Yes. Otherwise..." I warned, holding up the tissue again.

"Fine. For a girl, you're good at bargaining." He said as the bell ring. I got up and left with a flashback running through my mind.

*******

I banged at William's door desperately but there was no answer.

"Will! Open up! Please...!" I cried. In 1 last desperate try, I kicked the door down. There lay Will on the floor, with blood gushing out of him. He took one last look at me and his eyes rolled back. Running to his side, I pulled out my mobile phone and dialled 000.

"Hello? This is the emergency services."

"Help me! Oh, god. No..." I sobbed.

"Miss, tell me what's happening. Please stay calm."

"My brother...my brother's dead! Oh please help me!"