Chapter 5- Abducted!

R I L E Y

5| Abducted

I came home from school, utterly drained. Turns out doing my science assessment solo was a bad idea. There was so. Much. Work. But that's ok. I like to work on my own anyway.

As soon as I opened the door, I was not greeted by my mum. Instead I saw a toddling bundle of cuteness run towards me, aka my 2 year old nephew.

"Hunter! It's nice to see you again! Where's grandma and mummy?" I asked, wondering why my 26 year old sister Georgia just left her child alone in a house, and why mum didn't tell me that they were visiting . Hunter's chin wobbled.

"Aunty Riley! Mummy and me went to see grandma but we came here and no grandma! Mummy go look see grandma, there paper on table." He said slowly. I walked over to the kitchen bench and saw a roughly scribbled note in Georgia's handwriting.

Riley,

Hunter and I came to visit mum but she wasn't there. Waited for hours but she still didn't come. There was a drop of blood on the floor which makes me really nervous. I went looking for her and left Hunter here. Please look after him and call me when you see this.

Georgia xx

I felt my face drain of colour as I tucked the note in my pocket. I called Georgia immediately. She answered on the fourth ring.

"Georgia? Where are you? Where's mum?" I asked nervously.

"Riley, I can't seem to find her. I went to local shops and her knitting club. I even called all her friends! Nobody knows where she is! I tracked her phone and I should be at the right place- ARGHHHHH!!!! GET OFF ME!!!! RILEY HELP!!!!!!" The call was cut off with my sister's scream. I wanted to scream and cry, but I had to stay strong for Hunter.

Right on cue, someone banged on the back door. My heart almost stopped I picked Hunter up quickly and ran to the car. I clipped his seatbelt on and drove as quickly as I could away from the house.

"Where are we going, Aunt Riley? Where's mummy?" Hunter asked, as we left the street. I looked in the rear mirror and saw a masked man in black appear from around the back of our house. He got in the car and raced after us. Crap!

"We-er we going to look for your mummy and grandma because they were a bit silly and got lost." I lied, as the car behind us gained on us.

Calling the police was not an option because the local police department were pretty much useless and always took at least and hour to get to the scene.

"Okay." My nephew said, not questioning anything at all. My attention turned back to the driver behind us. Huh, I may not have a V8 supercar but there was no way I was letting this brute catch up. I slammed down on the accelerator and made a sharp turn.

I grabbed my phone and long pressed on the home button.

"Hey Siri, where is Georgia?" I said into the phone.

"Georgia, a country at the between Europe and Asia, it is a former Soviet republic and is home to the Caucasus Mountain and Black Sea beaches." Siri replied.

"No, screw you!" I cursed in frustration

"Aunty, what's going on?" Hunter asked innocently.

"Nothing. Hey Hunter, there's an ipad in the back seat. Do you wanna watch some cartoons? The password is 3097." I said cheerfully.

"Cool! Thanks!" He yelled happily. I long pressed on the home button again.

"Hey Siri, where is Georgia Willis?" I said.