Chapter 6- We Need a goddamn Jeep Cherokee

R I L E Y

6| We need a goddamn Jeep Cherokee

"I assume we're taking my car?" Liam asked as we walked to the driveway.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Well, not to be rude or anything but if we ARE gonna be chased, I think my Audi R8 sports car would do better than your Ford Fiesta...Lame." He sniggered.

"Okay, okay." I sighed as we walked towards the sleek sliver and red Audi.

"So, where is your sister. And your mum?" Liam asked as I slid into the leather seats.

"Well, apparently my sister Georgia was where she tracked my mum to be and that's at 34 Greenby Road, Appleby." I said, as I closed the car door.

"Appleby? That's an hours drive away!" He said.

"Yes, I know- Liam?" I said, suddenly frozen in place. Spider-Man looked at me strangely.

"What?"

"Look in the rear view mirror." I said.

"What about it?"

"You see that black car?"

"Yeah?"

"T-that car followed us from my house." I whispered.

"WHAT THE F***?" Liam shouted.

"Yeah...even the registration plate is the same." I stuttered.

"Sh*t! We gotta loose this sucker. Buckle up, Riley." He commanded as the car revved to life and we backed away from the driveway. The masked man in the black car saw us and started his engine too.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me that you were being chased! What if he hurts my family? Oh my god Riley, why are you so selfish?" He yelled, gripping the steering wheel angrily as he glared at me.

"I'm sorry," I said numbly, "I'm scared and I didn't know what to do. Look, if it's bothering you so much I'll get out of the damn car and leave." I felt tears of guilt well up in my eyes as I opened the car door.

I was just about get out when Liam grabbed my arm and yanked me back in. I fell back into the car seat and looked at him. He returned my glare for a while before sighing and looking away, flexing his jaw in annoyance.

"Since that guy knows where I live anyway, you might as well get in. I bet I probably did something really bad to you in a past life that I need to make it up to you in this one." He muttered.

"But what about your family? Are they going to be ok?" I asked, as he pulled out of the driveway.

"They should be fine. My dad is an army veteran and my mum taught hand to hand combat when she was younger."

I nodded in understanding before looking back at the car behind us. Wait.... I recognised the car model. It was a Cadillac CTS and if my memories are accurate...

That's a hella strong car.

"Liam? How much horsepower does this thing have?" I asked nervously.

"Around 540 in full throttle." Liam replied, his eyes glued to the road as we raced off with the car close on our heels.

"OK, cool. So, how much horsepower does a Cadillac CTS-V have?" I asked casually as I observed the car behind us.

"Around 640....wait....you're telling me that f****er has a Cadillac CTS-V???!!!!!" He yelled.

"Yeah..." I muttered slowly.

"Sh*t sh*t sh*t this is not good." Liam cursed as we turned into another street.