Chapter 23: Bittersweet

*Hello ladies and gents and welcome to the 23rd chapter of The Secrets of a Nation. Before we begin I would like to ask everyone to refrain from fighting in the comments section. Be mindful of how you talk to others and be kind please. That's all I have for now so let's get into this, shall we?*

(Prussia's POV)

After the reading had ended everyone took a break for lunch. I decided to keep my eyes on America and Russia, something just seemed a bit weird between the two. While watching America, I saw Italy bound up to him like an overexcited puppy. "Hey America! Ready for lunch?" At this I saw the American smile before nodding his head. "Yeah, I'll catch up with you. I have something to deal with real quick." I saw the bubbly nation quirk his head at this before he shrugged and bid America goodbye.

After the Italian nation finally left the room I saw America sigh a bit which was... really unlike him. Right after this, the younger nation left the room. Not wasting any time I immediately got up and followed him. Instead of making his way to the lunch room, however, he turned down the hallway to the rooms. This, of course, peaked my interest. I snuck over to the hallway and peaked around the corner just in time to see America knock on Russia's door before he was let in.

This was really weird for one reason and one reason alone. It was that America looked around before he knocked on the door. Like he didn't want people to know he was here. Anyway, I silently made my way to the door before I leaned my ear against it and listened. It was a bit muffled but I could make out what they we're discussing.

(America's POV)

"So, China huh?" I asked the taller nation. He looked a bit awkward before he scratched the back of his head and replied. "Yeah." I chuckled at this. "That's good, you both are a good fit for each other." At this I saw the Russian shake his head but there was a small smile on his face. "You think so?" He asked hopefully. Cute I thought before I continued talking. "I know so." There was a pleasant silence between us before Russia spoke up again.

"How's Alaska?" He asked, voice a lot more confident then before. "Ah you know, the same old energetic sprite she's always been. Always telling me how much she wants to be like her two dads. Recently though she's been bugging me about when her other dad is going to come visit her again." Russia laughed at this, a find smile covering his face. "Ahh, that girl. Didn't I just visit her last week?" "You did but you know how she is about you and me." I reminded him. "You're right." This was nice, the small sweet conversations me and Russia had together when no one else was around.

"I should get going before Italy starts freaking out about where I disappeared off to." The older just nodded his head, "okay, I won't keep you any longer." He said. Right as I was at the door I stopped and turned around. "Good luck with China. I'm rooting for you." Russia nodded his head, "thank you. Also, tell our daughter she has to be a little more patient before I can visit her again." "Can do," I replied before I turned and left the room.

(Prussia's POV)

While listening I heard America get closer to the door. Taking this as my chance while he was talking I left. What were they talking about? Alaska? Our daughter? China? Good luck? What's going on between them. I shouldn't have ever spied on them. Now I have to find out what's going on or I'm going to go crazy and blurt out what I just heard. To avoid me doing something stupid I just decided to skip lunch and go back to the meeting room. Luckily for me, it wasn't very long before people started to trickle back into the meeting room. The person reading this time was Hungary.

(America's POV)

I noticed that Hungary was super excited about being able to read today. Recently everything seems to hold important information so I couldn't wait to find out what was written for now. Wasting no time Hungary immediately began to read.

America is like Sealand's "Cool Uncle". They hang out and act like kids together. Alfred let's Peter get away with all the things that he isn't usually allowed to do. Sealand and thinks America is the coolest.

I smiled at this. Since I was always an adult figure in my states lives I never really got the chance to be a cool uncle like I always wanted. Since Sealand came around though I've been able to do so. Though, I am his brother but I get what they are trying to say.

Dear Diary,

Sometimes I think that, without Latvia, I would have given up trying to become a country.

I smiled though it was bittersweet. This reminded me about my brother and I. I always thought about what life would be like if France hadn't taken Canada away? Maybe I wouldn't even be a country now.

Dear Diary,
I know it's selfish of me, but the reason I don't recognize sealand as his own country is because I want to keep him with me as long as possible before he tries to become independent like America did.

After hearing this I felt my stomach twist. Everyone around me mainly focused on the fact he wants to keep Sealand with him. No one payed attention to the last part. The part that hurt me the most. Am I the reason for England acting the way he does now?

Dear Diary,

Sealand must hate me. After all, I've been a pretty big prick to him. I wish I could dote on him more, but I don't have the courage to do that. Not after America. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Is he really like this because of me. No that can't be, he knows why I left doesn't he? He understands what I dealt with right? I looked over at England who looked a bit embarrassed but otherwise fine. Me wanting to be free, and to save myself wasn't a good enough reason? Love is more than just giving a kid what they want.

He knows that right...?

Right?

*and that ladies and gents is the 23rd chapter of The Secrets of a Nation. I hope you all enjoyed this update and please as a reminder be nice in my comments as I do read them. Anyway I'll see all of you next time.*