Ch.24

Camryn's POV

We arrived at the arena for the concert tonight, and the boys went straight to the stage for soundcheck. I was helping the staff place programs on the seats in the front rows while the boys were rehearsing. When we were finally finished, the boys were wrapping up as well. 

"Let's go get inside. It's so hot out here." Harry said. I walked to the front of the stage to follow the boys to some air conditioning. I was too small to jump on stage, so Niall leaned over and reached out to me. I grabbed both of his hands before he lifted me up with ease. I held his hand while we walked backstage together. 

"Have you been drinking water?" He asked me. 

"Yup." I nodded. I hate water. Can you blame me? It has no taste! Give me a lemonade or something. I'll drink that for sure. 

"Are you lying to me?" He asked. Man, he knows me too well. 

"Yup." I responded honestly. No point in lying with Niall, because he can always tell. 

"I need you to drink at least one bottle an hour, okay?" Niall told me. 

"One bottle an hour?" I whined. "I'm gonna get a tummy ache. That's too much." I argued. 

"No you won't. It's going to be extremely hot out tonight. You're gonna lose a lot of water from your body, so you have to keep putting some back in." He said. Okay, Dr. Niall. We finally found a cool room to chill out in until the concert began.

 A couple hours later the crowd was ready and so were the boys. They all kissed me on the forehead before running on stage. The crowd of girls roared in excitement . It startles me every single time, but in a good way. 

"Will you please finish your water? Niall told me you had to finish it before he came backstage for his second wardrobe change." Paul said. I felt bad that Paul was left with this responsibility, because I really did not want to finish. The water was already hot, and I had barely gotten half way through it. I can deal with cold water, but hot water? Nuh uh. No way. 

"But I'm full, and it tastes bad." I complained. 

"Hurry, he's coming." Paul said, but it was too late. Niall already saw the half full water in my hands when he jogged off the stage. "I'm sorry, Niall. I tried to get her to drink it, but she doesn't want to." Paul apologized. 

"That's fine." Niall said to Paul before turning his attention to me. "Camryn, I mean it. You need to keep drinking. I'll get you a new water but you need to drink all of it, okay?" I nodded and with that Niall ran after the boys to go change. Moments later they were ready to head back out, but before running back on Niall handed me a cold water. "All of it." He reminded me. I did as I was told and drank some of my water while the boys were chatting it up with the fans. After I drank about half of it, it started becoming warm again. Oh well. Not my fault. I sang along with the boys backstage and danced my heart out when my favorite song came on. I do this at every concert, but for some reason I got tired really quickly tonight. Soon, I felt myself getting a headache. This can't be good. As time went on I tried to ignore it, but as soon as I started seeing purple spots everywhere I looked, I knew I needed to do something. I rubbed my eyes a few times but that didn't help.

"Is everything okay?" Paul asked, noticing my change in behavior. 

"No." I whimpered and slouched over. 

"What's wrong?" Paul asked, putting his hands on my shoulders. 

"I feel funny." I said, not able to hold back my tears. Paul immediately cradled me in his huge arms and ran to the air conditioned room. He laid me down on a table and called for a medic. As soon as the medic rushed over to me they checked my blood sugar. 

"She's dehydrated. She needs to get some salt in her blood." The medic told Paul. They forced salty chips down my throat and wrapped wet towels around the back of my neck. 

"The boys are coming off stage. I'll go get her brother." Paul said before running to get Niall.

"Here drink this. The electrolytes will help." The medic said while handing me a Gatorade. I began sipping the drink and saw Niall rushing over to me with the boys closely behind. Once he got to me he helped me sit up straight. 

"What happened? Are you alright?" Niall asked worriedly. 

"I'm fine. I just didn't feel good for a sec." I explained, starting to catch my breath. 

"Did you feel light headed?" He asked. I sighed and nodded. "Did you drink all of your water like I told you?" He asked, even though we both knew the answer to that. 

"No." I responded honestly. Niall sighed and wiped the tears off my cheeks before wrapping me in a hug. I buried my face in his chest and swallowed back tears. "It's alright. I got you." He said while rubbing my back soothingly. 

"I'm sorry I didn't listen." I said.  

"It's okay, Cam. I only tell you these things because I don't want you getting hurt. I just can't lose you." He said. It really stinks being wrong. I probably should start listening to him more, even if I didn't like it. "How are you feeling now?" He asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"Better. I'm just tired." I said while rubbing my eyes. 

"Alright, let's get you some rest." Niall said before picking me up. He carried me to the tour bus with the boys following closely behind us. "Where are your PJ's?" Niall asked me. 

"I think my suitcase is already loaded in the back." I replied. Niall sat me down on his bunk and rummaged through his suitcase. He grabbed one of his t-shirts and handed it to me. 

"I'll make sure no one is looking." Niall said before turning around while I took off my shirt and shorts and slipped into his shirt. It went a little past my knees, looking like a dress almost. Niall turned back around when I finished and tucked me in. He kissed my forehead and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Love you. Sleep tight." Niall whispered. 

"Night. Love you too." I said before drifting off to sleep.