Ch.44

Camryn's POV

Picking out my outfit was the easiest it's ever been today, since I had no choice in what I was wearing. I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror for a while, sighing at the sad fact that summer was officially over. 

"Camryn, come and eat!" Niall called to me from downstairs. 

"Here we go." I said nervously to my mirror image before grabbing my backpack off the floor and making my way downstairs. The smell of bacon and eggs hit me instantly, nearly making me gag. Usually, it was one of my favorite smells, but today I was too nervous to even think about food. 

"How many pieces of bacon?" Niall asked.

"None." I said while slinging my backpack over my shoulder. Niall looked at me confused. 

"None?" 

"I'm not hungry." I said while stuffing my feet into the hideous school shoes. 

"You need to eat at least a banana." Niall told me. 

"No thank you." I politely declined. 

"Not a request." Niall said while putting my plate in my usual breakfast spot. I sighed, knowing he wasn't going to take no for an answer. I didn't want to be late on my first day, so I grabbed two pieces of bacon and quickly scarfed them down. 

"Okay, I'm good." I said while handing him my barely touched plate. 

"Alright." Niall sighed and brought it to the sink. As I was making my way to the front door, I was quickly stopped by someone keeping a hold on my loose backpack strap. 

"You weren't planning on leaving without saying good bye were you?" I heard Harry's voice say. 

"No, of course not." I smiled and turned around, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

"Didn't think so." Harry smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Have a great day at school." 

"Don't talk to any boys." Louis said while hugging me after Harry. 

"Yeah, yeah." I giggled and rolled my eyes. After hugging all of the boys good bye, and getting inspirational words of advice from them, I made my way out to the car with Niall.

"You nervous?" Niall asked halfway through the drive. It was a silent drive until this point. I knew I was probably over thinking everything, but I just couldn't help it. 

"Yeah." I nodded. 

"It's okay to be nervous. I get nervous all the time." Niall hummed. 

"You do? Why?" I asked. 

"For lots of reasons. I get nervous every time we're about to go on stage, meeting big crowds of fans, interviews, and stuff like that." 

"You still get nervous for all of that?" I asked, taken back by his confession.

"Of course I do. Just because I do it a lot doesn't mean the nerves disappear completely." Niall hummed. "We all get nervous for different reasons, but we can't let our nerves get the best of us right?"

"Right." I nodded. I thought long and hard about what Niall said, not even realizing that he had parked the car. I sighed and sat still for a bit. We were early, so Niall sat with me. 

"You can do this." He said while turning off the car. I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt, feeling more nervous than ever. "Ready?" He asked me. I took a deep breath and nodded. 

"Ready." I said before climbing out of the car. I reached up and grabbed Niall's hand for comfort while we made our way into my school. I looked around at all the kids, hoping by some miracle I'd see a familiar face, but there was no luck. The walk to my classroom was shorter than I would've liked, and we were immediately greeted by my teacher at the door. 

"Hi, it's nice to see you both again." She smiled. "Camryn, are you ready to get started? Audrey, Max, and Ryan are already here, and they can't wait to meet you." Mrs. Deegan said. I nodded, but squeezed Niall's hand even tighter, making my knuckles turn white. Niall knelt down to my eye level and held both of my hands. 

"You all set?" Niall asked me, but I shook my head. I haven't left Niall's side since I moved here, and now I'm about to be all by myself with all of these people I didn't know. I wanted so badly to go back home and be with the boys. 

"I don't want you to go yet." I said nervously. 

"Hey, look at me." He said, lifting my chin with his finger to make my eyes meet his. "You're going to be just fine. Just relax, alright?" 

"Okay." I sighed and hugged him tight. 

"Have fun and make sure you behave." He said, kissing my forehead before standing up. "Love you." He smiled and blew me a kiss.

"Love you too." I said, watching him walk back down the hallway. I felt tears well up in my eyes, but I quickly swallowed them back. I didn't want anyone thinking I was a baby. My teacher walked me to my desk and took my backpack to put in my cubby. The girl I was sitting next to turned to face me once I took my seat. She had chocolate brown hair that curled at the ends, which reminded of Harry's. 

"Hi, I'm Audrey." She smiled at me. She definitely didn't seem to be as nervous as I was. 

"I'm Camryn." I smiled back. 

"So where did go last year?" She asked. 

"I didn't go anywhere. I was traveling with my brother, so I had a tutor." I explained. 

"Oh that's right. Your brother's in some band, right?" She asked. Some band? Did this girl get out much? No offense, but how has she not heard of One Direction?

"Yeah." I simply nodded. 

"I heard rumors about that, but you can never believe rumors. What band is he in?" She asked. Usually I'd be overwhelmed with all of these questions being thrown at me so soon, but the fact that she didn't know my brother and the boys was comforting in a way. 

"He's in One Direction." I said. I could see a couple heads turn out of the corner of my eye followed by whispering. 

"Oh, I think I've heard of them. That's cool." Audrey smiled. I was starting to like this girl more and more. I knew at least she'd get to know me for me, and not because of who my brother is.  

"Oh, that's Max and that's Ryan." Audrey said. "Max is my twin brother and Ryan is his best friend." 

"Hi." I smiled and waved slightly. "That's cool you guys are twins." I said. 

"Not if your twin is Audrey." Max sighed. 

"Don't pay attention to him, he's just mad that I'm five minutes older." Audrey said before sticking her tongue out at him. I couldn't help but giggle at the two of them. It was nice seeing them bicker, because it reminded me of me and Niall sometimes. 

"Hey, you and Ryan have a lot in common." Audrey said, making me and Ryan look at each other awkwardly. 

"How?" I asked. 

"Well you both have blonde hair, you're both pretty quiet, and you both have lions on your name cards." She said. 

"Oh, I didn't notice that." I smiled. 

"You two should be friends. You'd get along well." She said matter-of-factly. I giggled and blushed slightly. Ryan wasn't the worst looking boy, and he seemed pretty nice. Before anyone could say anything, Mrs. Deegan started talking to the class. I tried hard to pay attention, but for some reason staring at the back of Ryan's head seemed to be more interesting. His hair was perfect too. I had a feeling he was one of the popular boys. Definitely out of my league. Oh, well. A girl can dream, right?