Ch.37

Niall's POV

"Cam, hurry it up!" I called to her from downstairs. "You have two minutes till we need to be in the car."

"I'm coming." She sighed and walked downstairs. Cam and I had to run by her new school today to meet the principal in person. What Camryn didn't know is that she was going to be taking a placement test as well. I knew she'd stress herself out for no reason, so I decided it was best to not say anything. 

"Be back in a few!" I called to the boys before leading her out to the car. 

"So, is anyone else gonna be at the school today?" She asked while climbing in the backseat. 

"Probably just teachers getting ready for the school year." I hummed and started up the car. 

"How long do we have to stay?" She asked. 

"I don't know, but you need to perk up a little bit. Make it seem like you wanna be there, even if you don't." I told her. 

"Fine." She sighed. 

"Your principal is doing us a huge favor, so we need to be thankful, okay?" 

"Okay." Camryn nodded. I pulled up to the school a couple minutes later and parked. 

"Ready?" I asked. She nodded and hopped out of the car. Camryn sat in one of the chairs when we got in the front office while I walked up to the receptionist's desk. 

"Hi, how may I help you?" She smiled. 

"Hi, we're here for an appointment with Mrs. Anthony." I said. 

"Mr. Horan?" She asked while looking at her computer. 

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded. 

"Okay, have a seat and she should be out shortly." She smiled.

"Okay, thank you." I smiled and sat down next to Camryn. "What do you think of the school so far?"I asked her. 

"It's pretty." She hummed and looked around. I scrolled through Twitter while we were waiting, but not too long after the principal's door opened. 

"Niall and Camryn, it's so goo to see you. Welcome to Courtland Academy." Mrs. Anthony smiled and shook our hands. 

"Thank you for having us." I smiled.

"Please, follow me." She said before leading us into her office. Camryn and I followed her in before sitting down in front of her desk. Sitting in the principals office brought back lots of childhood memories. Not the most pleasant childhood memories, but nonetheless they were memories I cherished. 

"So as you probably know now, I'm Mrs. Anthony and I'm your principal. We're very excited to have you here, and I think you'll be a perfect fit at our school."

"Thank you." Camryn smiled shyly.

"Here at Courtland, we pride ourselves in being the top private school in London. Our goal is to teach our students how to be creative thinkers, how to work well with others, and how to be prepared for university." Mrs. Anthony said. Wow, this school seemed a little intense. 

"Do you have any questions about the school?" She asked us. 

"No, I don't think so." I hummed. 

"Perfect." She smiled. "So now I'd like to run you through what a typical day would be like for you just so you can get an idea of what to expect this year. Does that sound good?" 

"Mhm." Camryn nodded. 

"First, we like to start out with Reading and Writing for half the morning, and then we switch to Math for the rest of the morning. Then, we go to either gym, music, or art. Each of those are on their own specific days, but you will not do all three in one day. Following that is silent reading time in the library until lunch. After lunch is recess, and then you'll have history and last you'll have science." 

"That sounds perfect." I nodded. "Cam, what do you think?" 

"Yeah, I like it." She nodded in agreement. 

"The students seem to like the order that way too." Mrs. Anthony smiled. "Still no questions?" 

"Nope." I hummed and shook my head. 

"Well, if you don't have any questions I'm going to go get Camryn's placement test." She hummed and stop up. Out of the corner of my eyes I felt Camryn looking at me confused. 

"You didn't tell me I had to take a test." Camryn said after Mrs. Anthony walked out. 

"I didn't want you to freak out." I sighed. 

"Well now I am." She whined.

"You'll be fine, Cam. It's not for a grade. It's just to see which class is best for you." 

"What if I'm put in the stupid class?" She frowned.

"Stop it. You're not stupid." I said seriously. "Just relax and do your best. That's all you can do." 

"Okay." She nodded, but kept the pout on her face. 

"Camryn, are you ready?" Mrs. Anthony asked after opening the door. Camryn looked at me hesitantly, and I nodded my head reassuringly. 

"Yeah." She said softly and stood up. 

"Just take your time and relax." I reminded her while she walked to the door. 

"Okay." She nodded. 

"Good luck. You'll do great." I said before she followed Mrs. Anthony out of the office. Poor kid. I hated tests too, but at least this one wasn't one to stress over. Besides, she's only eight years old, she shouldn't be stressing over anything at that age.