Ch.47

Camryn's POV

"Just talk to him, he's really nice." Audrey said, giving my arm an encouraging nudge. 

"No!" I whisper shouted at her. 

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't want to." I said embarrassedly. 

"Yes you do, you told me you liked him. You're just being shy." Audrey said matter-of-factly. She was one hundred percent right, but that was besides the point. 

"We're gonna get in trouble, Audrey." I whispered before continuing my assignment. 

"Fine, but at recess you're talking to him." She said. Oh, great. How am I getting out of that one? Is it too soon to fake sick? I sighed and tried to forget about it by getting lost in the reading assignment. Suddenly, the story about a hungry mouse just got a lot more interesting. Unfortunately, recess came all too soon for me. Normally, I'd be excited about that, but I knew I wasn't going to like this recess. Audrey was trying so hard to force me and Ryan to like each other, well I guess it was more like forcing Ryan to like me. Either way, it was embarrassing and probably wouldn't end well. 

"Audrey, we don't have to do this." I whined while she dragged me outside.

"You'll never know if he likes you if you don't talk to him." She said. 

"What if we wait for him to talk to me?" I said, hoping that would make her stop. 

"No way." 

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because boys are stupid. You have to start it." She said. Well, I guess I couldn't argue with that. 

"What if he doesn't like me?" I frowned nervously while staring at him from across the playground.

"Then that's his loss." She shrugged. As if it were that easy. If he knew I liked him and he didn't like me then I'd be so embarrassed. There was no way I was going to throw myself out there if I wasn't sure he liked me back. 

"I can't, Audrey." I said shaking my head. 

"Why?" Audrey groaned.

"It's just too scary, especially here where everyone can hear and see me." 

"Okay." Audrey sighed. "But don't think this is over." She said, pointing a finger in my direction. 

"Oh, it's over." I said seriously. 

"No, it's not. you know why?" She asked. 

"Why?" I groaned. 

"Because you're gonna come over to my house when Max has Ryan over. That way you two can talk alone." 

"No way." I said, shooting down her idea immediately. 

"Yes way! It's the perfect set-up!" 

"Why are you trying so hard?" I giggled. 

"Because I want to help you get out of your shell." 

"You sound like my brother." I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"Great minds think alike." She smirked.

"Yeah, yeah." I smiled and shook my head. 

"So tonight I'll ask my Mum and Dad if you can come over and Max will ask if Ryan can, and you ask your brother okay? Don't forget." 

"What if Ryan can't go?" I asked. 

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it. Just ask your brother tonight. Deal?" She said holding out her pinky finger to me. 

"Fine." I sighed and hooked my pinky around hers. The rest of the day seemed to go by just as quick as the first half of it, which didn't bother me too much. I missed my brother and the boys again, so I was ready to be home. Audrey and I were playing tic-tac-toe while waiting to get picked up when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder and gasped. 

"Niall!" I smiled excitedly and wrapped my arms around him. 

"How was your day, kiddo?" He asked while hugging me back. 

"Good. Oh, Niall, this is my friend Audrey." I said. 

"Hi, Audrey, it's nice to meet you." He smiled. 

"It's nice to meet you too." Audrey smiled. 

"Thanks for being so nice to Cam. You've made school lots of fun for her." 

"Oh, speaking of that. Can I go over her house tomorrow after school?" I asked him. Audrey and I both looked up at him anxiously awaiting his answer. 

"That's very nice of you, Audrey. We'll talk about it at home, okay?" He said. 

"Okay." I nodded while gathering my things. 

"Bye, Cam. See ya tomorrow." Audrey smiled and waved. 

"Bye, Audrey." I smiled and waved before taking Niall's hand and following him out to the car. Once we got situated in the car I couldn't help but prod him further for a definite answer. I was a little excited about it now. All I needed was a yes and then I'd get to hang out with Ryan outside of school. I almost felt like a rebel. Not that Ryan and I would be doing anything, but I'm sure Niall wouldn't approve of me hanging out with boys. Did it count as lying if I forgot to mention boys would be there too?

"Hey, Niall, why do we have to talk about it at home?" I asked out of the blue. 

"Talk about what?" He asked while keeping his eyes on the road. 

"Going over to Audrey's." I said. 

"Oh, well I'd like to meet her parents first. I'm sure they're lovely people, but I still don't feel comfortable letting you go somewhere without me knowing where you are or who you're with." He said. 

"How are you going to do that before tomorrow?" I asked. 

"I'll pick you up from school and meet her parents when they come to pick Audrey up." He hummed. 

"And then I can go to her house?" I asked excitedly. 

"Maybe, Cam. We'll see." He said. I sighed and rested my head against the back of my headrest. Hopefully he doesn't find out Ryan is going, because then he'd for sure say no. I'm just gonna pray that Audrey brings her best puppy dog eyes tomorrow, because I had a feeling we were gonna need them.