Ch.29

Camryn's POV

I looked around the empty street, there wasn't a soul in sight. The place didn't look familiar to me at all. Wherever I was, it clearly had been vacant for years. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly turned around, and couldn't believe my eyes. 

"Mummy, Daddy!" I said while running up to my parents. However, I soon found myself being restricted. Some stranger was holding me back, keeping me from running into my parents' arms. "Mum, Dad!" I screamed and reached for them. They just stared at me. Why weren't they helping me? 

"Let go, Camryn." My Mum said. Let go? What does she mean let go? I was being held back, I couldn't let go. I felt uneasy while trying to free myself from the stranger's arms. 

"Daddy, help me!" I screamed, tears were now streaming down my cheeks. 

"You're okay, little bug." He smiled. "Just let go." My parents' figures started to fade, and I really started to freak out now. 

"Mummy, Daddy! Don't leave me!" I cried.

"Let go." I heard faintly before sitting up straight in my bed. I panted slightly and looked around while brushing the tears off my face. When I finally remembered where I was, I peered over at the clock. It was only three in the morning, but I was wide awake. I just couldn't shake out of that dream. Was it just a silly dream? Or were my parents seriously trying to tell me something? I couldn't quite figure it out. After thirty minutes of failing to go back to sleep, I slipped out of bed. 

"Niall." I whispered and poked his arm. I swear he could sleep through an apocalypse. It's almost impossible to wake him up. I sighed and climbed into bed with him. 

"Hm?" Niall murmured while fluttering his eyes open. "Cam?" He asked. 

"Sorry." I whispered. "I can't sleep." 

"Bad dream?" He asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"Yeah." I nodded. Niall sat up and turned on the bedside lamp. 

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked. I nodded immediately. "What happened?" 

"I saw Mum and Dad, but I couldn't reach them, because someone was holding me back. They just kept telling me to let go. It was weird." I said. "I don't want to sound stupid, but I think maybe they were really trying to tell me something."

"That doesn't sound stupid, Cam." He said seriously. "That happens to people who are still in mourning. I agree with you, I think Mum and Dad were trying to talk to you too." 

"What do you think they meant?" I asked.

"It sounds to me like you're holding yourself back, and they want you to let go and move on." He said. I immediately felt goosebumps all over my arms. It all suddenly clicked. I just sighed, I knew he was right.

"It's just hard." I admitted. 

"I know it's hard, Cam. I'm still struggling to move on too. It's not an easy thing to do." Niall said. "But, Mum and Dad would want us to be happy. They wouldn't want us to mope about it forever." 

"I know." I nodded sadly.

"That doesn't mean you can't think about them, or the memories we shared together. It's okay to feel sad occasionally, because I don't think anyone fully recovers from a loss. But, don't let it hold you back. We both need to live our lives, because even if they aren't here in the physical world, they're still in our hearts." He said. 

"But now that I'm living with you, I'm holding you back from living your life." I said.

"Why would you ever think that?" Niall frowned. 

"Because eventually you're gonna want to get married and have kids, and I'll just ruin that because you have to take care of me." 

"Camryn." Niall sighed and rubbed his forehead. "You're not holding me back. I made the choice of you living with me, because that's what I wanted. Besides, I'm way too young to be married. I don't see myself getting married for a very, very long time." He chuckled. 

"Good." I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. 

"Don't you ever feel like you're holding me back, okay?" He said while wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 

"Okay." I nodded. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Speaking of girls." I said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, Jesus." He groaned. 

"Are you planning on telling me about your date?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him. 

"It wasn't a date." He chuckled and shook his head. "I went out with my friend, and who told you?" He asked. 

"I made the boys tell me." I giggled. "They couldn't resist my fake cry."

"I should've known." He chuckled.

"Anyways, why didn't you tell me about Demi?" I asked. 

"I swear you're an eighteen year old in an eight year olds body." Niall said while shaking his head. 

"Don't change the subject, Niall." I said seriously. 

"Okay, okay calm down." He chuckled. "Demi and I met a couple months ago at some award show, and we exchanged numbers it was no big deal. We hung out one other time after that and text every so often." Niall explained. 

"So you're saying there's nothing going on between you and her?" I asked. 

"No, we're just good friends." He said. 

"Well, if she liked you, would you ask her to be your girlfriend?" I asked him. 

"I don't know. Probably not." He replied.  

"You're telling me, that if your celebrity crush had a crush on you, you wouldn't ask her out?" I asked just to clarify. 

"My celebrity crush? Where did you get that from?" He chuckled, completely avoiding my question.

"I watched every interview you guys did before I started living with you. So before you lie to me, just know that I already know everything." I smiled cheekily. 

"Alright, I think we're done with this conversation." He said. 

"What, why?" I asked. 

"It's the middle of the night, and we both need our sleep." He said before turning out the light. "Good night, Camryn." He hummed and got back under the covers. I groaned and got back under the covers as well.

"Night." I grumbled. He may have won tonight, but this isn't over just yet. Not on my watch.