Ch.48

Camryn's POV

"So is Ryan for sure coming over?" I whispered to Audrey. 

"Yes, now all we have to do is get your brother to say yes without him finding out about Ryan." She whispered back. We were currently waiting for Niall and Audrey's parents to arrive at our school so they could finally meet. 

"Audrey, they're here." Max said while slipping his backpack on. 

"Okay, remember our plan." She told him. Max sighed and rolled his eyes at her before greeting his parents with Ryan. 

"What plan?" I asked her curiously. 

"I told him I'd give him half my allowance if he and Ryan went to the bathroom while your brother talks to my parents." 

"Audrey!" I gasped. "Don't give up your allowance for me!"

"Half my allowance." She corrected me. "We do that to each other all the time, so don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

"Yes, just follow my lead." She said. I sighed while Audrey and I got our bags and met her parents at the door. 

"Hi, Mummy. Hi, Daddy." Audrey smiled and hugged them. 

"Hi, baby, how was your day?" Audrey's Mum asked while hugging her back. 

"Good. This is my best friend, Camryn." She said, waving me over to them. 

"Oh hi, sweetheart! We've heard so much about you." Her Mum smiled and hugged me as well. 

"Hi." I smiled shyly, being a little nervous to hug her back. Don't get me wrong, she seemed really nice, but I just met her and she was already hugging me. That just wasn't something I was used to. However, she is Audrey's Mum and I could already tell where Audrey got her outgoing personality from. Thankfully, Niall walked in right on cue and Audrey nodded at Max to signal it was time for him to go. 

"Hey, kiddo." Niall smiled. 

"Hey." I smiled and hugged him. 

"You must be Mr. and Mrs. Adams. I'm Niall." Niall smiled and shook their hands. 

"It's so nice to meet you, Niall. Please, call me Scarlett. This is my husband, Phillip." She smiled. 

"It's nice to meet you both as well. Audrey invited Camryn over, is that okay with you guys?" He asked. 

"Oh yes, absolutely." Scarlett nodded. "Audrey talks about Camryn everyday, so we couldn't wait to meet her. 

"Camryn talks about Audrey everyday too." Niall chuckled and looked at me and Audrey. We smiled at each other before looking back up at them excitedly. 

"What time would you like me to pick her up?" Niall asked them. Audrey and I gasped and hugged each other victoriously, causing her parents and Niall to laugh at us. 

"Anytime. She's welcome to join us for dinner if she'd like." Scarlett said. 

"Okay, well I guess she can just call me when she's ready and I'll swing by and get her." Niall said. After exchanging numbers, Niall gave me a parental look. 

"Be good." 

"I will." I nodded frantically. 

"C'mere." He smiled and pulled me in for a hug. I smiled and hugged him tight. 

"Call me when you're ready, okay?" He said while breaking the hug to look at me. 

"I will." I nodded. 

"Okay, love you." Niall hummed and pecked a kiss to my forehead. 

"Love you too." 

"Have fun." He smiled and thanked Audrey's parents again before leaving. 

"Alright, let's head home. Where's your brother?" Audrey's Dad asked while looking around. 

"Right here." Max said while walking back up to us with Ryan. 

"Okay, let's go." Phillip said before leading us out of the school and out to their car. The drive was really short to Audrey's house, or maybe it just felt like it because I stared at the back of Ryan's head in disbelief the entire time. I couldn't believe Audrey's plan worked, and now I had no excuse to not talk to him. She was going to force me one way or another, so I might as well accept that. I mean I'm just talking to him, it's not like I've ever talked to a boy before. Audrey's putting way too much pressure on me to flirt with Ryan. I don't even want a boyfriend for goodness sake. Before I knew it, Audrey was pulling me out of the car and into her house. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"To the playroom." She said, dragging me upstairs. When we made our way into the room, Max and Ryan were already playing video games in there.

"No way, Audrey. We got here first." Max said.

"We can be in here too, Max. We share this room, remember?" Audrey said, her voice sassier than I'd ever heard it before. 

"You never wanna be in here when I have friends over. Go play in your room." Max said. 

"That's because I never have friends over, but I have one now and we want to play in here too." Audrey said. 

"It's not my fault you don't have any friends. Max and I want to play alone." Max said rudely. Audrey instantly teared up and glared at her twin brother. I had never seen Audrey sad, and I didn't like it at all. 

"Let's just go." I said quietly and held her hand for comfort. She shook my hand off and balled her fists. 

"I hate you, Max!" She yelled before running off to her room. 

"Audrey, wait, I'm sorry!" Max sighed and ran after her, leaving Ryan and I in the room by ourselves. We looked at each other awkwardly, but I quickly retreated my eyes to the floor. I didn't know what to do. Audrey would kill me if she were witnessing this. Should I go see her and make sure she's okay? I really wanted to get out of this awkward room of silence, but I also didn't want to interrupt if they were having a private talk. All of a sudden a voice broke the silence. 

"Wanna play?" The voice asked. I looked back up to see if anyone else had entered the room. After realizing it was still just me and Ryan, I looked at him and nodded. 

"Sure." I nodded. He grabbed Max's remote and held it out to me. I couldn't help but smile while walking over to him and taking the remote. 

"I've never played video games before." I said while sitting down next to him. 

"It's okay, I'll teach you. It's not hard, and I'm sure you'll be better than Max anyways." He said. I giggled at his comment. At first it was a bit awkward, but as time went on I quickly realized an important fact, I didn't have a crush. I just wasn't feeling anything. No butterflies, no nothing. I was pretty relieved by my realization. Don't get me wrong, Ryan is really nice. Most boys our age would be mean to girls and make them cry. But for some reason I knew that I didn't like Ryan more than a friend. I think Audrey just put too much pressure on me to make it work, but she was just trying to be nice. Niall would be happy, that's for sure. Now I just have to break it to Audrey. I can only imagine how she's gonna take the news.