4. SNAP!

My father had pleaded the Alpha Daron Kovich, Kyle's father, for a week off. Daron was a kind man, I have no idea how he spawned that Satan of a son. He readily gave my father a leave. Which would have been pretty tough on him as he would have had to double the work, considering my father was his Beta.

My mother had to also ask for a leave, and I had submitted my leave. Basically, we were all Ready, Set, Go! For Paris. Except of course, like any good planner, my mother forgot to buy extra medicines for her severe migraine.

"The Pharmacy is at least an hour and a half away." She grumbled, stuffing her clothes into a huge bag.

"That's what you get for living in the middle of nowhere." I quipped, watching her in amusement. She looked up and glared daggers at me, so I decided it was best to shut up.

"The Luna has some." She said, thoughtfully.

"Maybe, you should go and get it from her." Yeah, youshould go, I am stepping nowhere near that asshole's territory.

"Well, I have a lot to do, and since you are so useless here, why don't you go and get it."

You can obviously see where I got my weird sense of humor from. I wanted to protest, say 'NO! THE BIG BAD WOLF IS WAITING FOR ME!' but then I looked at her tired eyes, and thought, Hey, I have to talk to the Luna anyway, not Kyle, how bad could it be?

On that happy note, I nodded and stepped out of my house.

The Alpha's house was just two houses over. It made sense, in cases of emergencies; the Beta shouldn't be arriving two hours later because he was stuck in traffic to find the whole pack dead.

Only, I would prefer that to being anywhere within 10 km radius of Kyle. Seriously, my hatred of him and my fear of humiliation was much more powerful than any sense of loyalty I had.

I ringed the doorbell, waiting with baited breath. I counted to calm myself down. 1...2...3...

The door opened slightly and yellow light spilled on the porch. I had hoped to see Luna, but given my luck, even my oblivious self was aware, that it was not going to happen.

He raised one of his eyebrows, and his face went from smiling (I didn't know monsters smiled), to perfectly stoic. Now he had never explicitly showed any sort of rage toward me, but that might have been because I never gave him reason to.

I concentrated on his right ear. "I need to talk to your mother."

He smirked a little. "Here to complain, little Princess? Don't have the guts to face us head-on?"

Lee's promise meant I could wait till next week to actually stand up to him, so I just concentrated on his right ear again. "Can I please talk to her? It's urgent."

He folded his arms. He was wearing a hoodie, and I was wearing a hoodie of the same colour. Only I wanted the blue to turn to a red, as I beat him to death with his own limbs.

"That is not going to happen."

Goddess, give me strength. How the fuck is this egomaniac an actual person? "I need my mother's meds from her." I gritted through my teeth. I was suddenly getting unusually annoyed. This Paris trip meant a lot to me, and I wasn't about to let this jerk ruin it.

He snorted. "Like hell, I will let you pass."

That was fucking it.

"Why? Scared that your momma is gonna beat your ass to death?" I folded my own arms.

For a second, he was extremely surprised but I could feel the anger coming form miles away, but then I could hear Luna Lily's voice. "Kyle! Who is it?"

I could hear her steps as she came. I stared stoically at the door as well, until she emerged. Then I smiled genuinely at her. "Good Evening, Luna."

"Kaea!" She opened the door fully through. "Come on in! And Kyle, didn't I teach you anything? How could you let a pretty, young lady like her stand at the door?"

I batted my lashes at him. Yes, Kyle, don't you have any manners?

"That's alright, Luna Kovich. We were just packing up for Paris, and my mom realized that she didn't have much meds left. Would you happen to have some?"

She thought for a second. "Oh yes! I bought a ton of it the last time. The Pharmacy is so far away...Let me just get it for you."

I waited, and surprisingly so did Kyle. Shouldn't he be inside fucking a girl to oblivion?

"You are going to Paris?" He asked gruffly.

I rolled my eyes and didn't entertain him with an answer. I would be gone for a week, and not have to see his face. There would be no immediate consequences for my actions.

"I will be your future Alpha, it would do you good to show me some respect." He almost sneered.

"Be an Alpha first, then we will see. You have done approximately negative things to deserve any sort of respect from me. " Not that I was ever going to stick around when he becomes an Alpha. He was bad now, imagine him then. I would have been his Beta, but since that was never going to happen anyway, he could've appointed someone else. Abigail, probably. Then they would lead this pack together to it's doom.

He narrowed his eyes at me. I could see his jaw ticking. I was getting under his skin, and nobody had ever done that to him, ever. "You have a lot of nerve saying that? Do I need to remind you of the small episode earlier today?"

I sneered at him. "And do I need to remind you that it is definitely not the way to go to earn respect? My, my, what an awful fucking Alpha you would be." I smiled brightly at him.

"You-" He stopped as we both could hear Luna's footsteps. We continued glaring at each other. His dark brown eyes against my light brown ones.

"Here you go, Kaea." She glanced at Kyle and me, confused why we stood silently with frowns. "Enjoy your trip!"

"Thank you, Luna."

KYLE

What the fuck.

What.

The.

Fuck?

Who was this stranger that I just talked to, and what had happened to my Kaea?

Naïve, stupid, internally bitchy Kaea?

The one with no guts, no spine.

What even happened to her in less than 12 hours?

We had been friends, bound to be, since our dads were so close, when we were small. She wasn't exactly loud mouthed, but she never let anyone give her any sort of crap.

We talked, we played, we were friends, but then she had to go ahead and ruin it all. And, so, I ruined it back for her.

_____________________________________

People, this is the Kaea I want to write! I enjoyed writing this chapter so so much. I hope you enjoyed reading it too!

In the media box is "Dangerous-Left Boys". ;)

Please vote, comment, share and follow!!!

*MWAH* Lots of kisses.

K R Y S T L E