6. FOUND

"Oh my god, you might find your mate today." Lee suddenly paused as we crossed the school's gate.

"Uh, yes, Lee, Good morning."

"OH, SHUT UP! HOW EXCITING IS THIS?! YOU WILL FIND YOUR MATE, TODAY! DOUBLE DATES?!"

I put my hand over her mouth. "Double dates?! What is wrong with you? Are you even Lee?" What people say is true. Love does drive you crazy.

"Ow eckitin K!" She said from underneath my fingers. I took away my fingers with a scowl, as her saliva touched it.

"Yuck! Do you have a sanitizer?"

"You deserve that." Lee smirked, handing me one.

"Anyway, you tell me, how was the Big, Huge day?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Just as Big and Huge as you imply. But...don't you dare make this day not about yourself, no stop that. This is about you, I will tell you everything at night. Today, we will stand near every unmated werewolf in town." She jumped, and danced on her heels.

"Jacob's not gonna be too happy about that." I chucked my now empty coffee cup in the dustbin. Yes, I need two cups of coffee every morning. It's not my fault. If you had to deal with Kyle, you would need it, too.

"Well, it's not about Jacob, is it? It's about you." She stared dreamily at the sky. "I am so happy for you."

"Lee, are you gazing into the future?"

She snickered. "Yes."

"Uh huh, what's he like?"

She grabbed my elbow and dragged me to class. "Let's find out."

Thirty minutes into the class, I realized, why everything was so peaceful. Kyle wasn't there, his clique was, but they were too busy whispering amongst themselves. I caught a little of their words. "Heart.....pain....who is it?"

Somebody broke Kyle's heart and now he is in pain? Ha, that's likely.

But I was grateful they weren't paying me any attention. I doodled on my art history book (kinda ironic), and sighed peacefully.

Just then Mrs Ives called me. "Ms. Avans, could you please bring another stack of assignments from my desk, here is your note." She had given us this whole period almost off. We were ahead of our syllabus and so she was just personally calling students as she checked their papers.

"Sure thing, Mrs. Ives."

As I walked out, I realized I was pretty thirsty. The water cooler sometimes didn't give cold water, but today it was spewing literal ice. I filled a plastic glass, and turned around when I smelled something really different.

Oh no, I know that scent, don't let it be him...

And, so, of course, I turned around very fast and... spewed water all over his clothes. I glanced up and the intensity of his dark brown eyes immediately made me want to look somewhere else, but no matter how I hard I tried, I couldn't. It was like watching a car crash.

Ah well...Just my luck, that he is my mate.

And my wolf chose that moment to appear. I could feel her connecting to my mind, feel my canines growing. I clutched my hair, and it took every ounce of my strength to not do something incredibly stupid, like having sex with Kyle, out of all people, right now.

"Just...do it." I was panting loudly now. My wolf was one strong bitch, if she wants something, she will get it. But not this, not him. I refuse this.

Then why don't you reject him? My wolf snarled at me. See here is the thing, a wolf and a person are not two separate people, they are two separate parts of the same entity. You know how sometimes you say, 'Yeah, I want this, but a part of me wants this,'? That is exactly how a wolf and human are, except it takes a physical shape. Just for the sake of simplicity, we refer to our wolves as...that, otherwise, our whole species would go mental.

But what if...?

I couldn't believe I was thinking that, what if Kyle accepts me. That would obviously lead to no good. But more than that, I didn't want to make this decision. If I reject him, I would always think about what if I hadn't. This would be my decision, I would have to live with that. But if he rejects me, there would be less of what-ifs and more of move-ons.

"Just do it!" I screamed, finally glancing up at him. He was breathing heavily, clutching the water cooler with both hands. "DO IT!"

I couldn't take it anymore. The pain of rejection would be much more, for both of us, but it would free us from this dilemma at least.

He was slowly shaking his head.

"DO IT, KYLE! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? REJECT ME!"

He finally glanced up at me, his eyes golden brown, his canines emphasizing his snarl. "Reject you?" He was hauntingly quiet when he said that. I had thought I was having it bad, clearly, wolf alphas were much stronger. "Is that what you want?"

"YES!"

He came closer to me, I snarled, and stepped back. He kept on coming towards me, until my back hit a wall. And all at once, he was on me. I couldn't believe this guy. Why would he think being near me was a good idea?

He didn't touch me , but he leaned in so close that he might as well have. "Then that's exactly what you wouldn't get." He whispered into my ears. He was so close I could hear the frantic beat of his heart. "I, Kyle Kovich, accept you, Kaea-"

I don't know what drove me to it. I clasped my hand on his mouth. "Don't you fucking dare." I whispered. I would also have to accept him as my mate for this to actually work, but if he accepted me, and then I rejected him, my wolf would be so angry, I might not ever be able to turn again.

He looked into my eyes, and I could feel his mouth just under my palm. I was touching him, and it was electrifying. If he didn't hate me so much, if I didn't hate me so much, this could work. But, it wouldn't, and I hated him even more for this.

Would he really do this only because he hates me so much? Does his bullying extend to the point where he knows he will have to hurt himself? Does he hate me so much that nothing else matters?

"How dare you?" I whispered. "I, Kaea Avans, reject you, Kyle Ko-"

His eyes widened, and he kept his hand on my mouth. I didn't have the strength to resist as he tore my hands from his mouth, and whispered sharply into my ears. "I will not be rejected by the likes of you." He pushed me hard, and turned.

"Then you do it." I said, softly. "You obviously don't want to spend one moment of your life with me."

"You don't want it either." He said, still not turning around. Our wolves had stopped, they probably knew that their forcefulness would lead to nothing. Or it was probably that Kyle had half accepted me and it had calmed them.

"What. Is. WRONG WITH YOU?! Are you even thinking with your head? You reject me, I accept your rejection, and we go off our separate ways. You fuck however many girls you want to, and I find someone else and move-"

I was so busy ranting, I didn't even notice when he suddenly came right in front of me. He held my chin, not gently at all. HIs face was taut but so calm. "Like hell, I will let that happen."

His eyes were brown, not goldenish, and so I knew this wasn't his wolf talking.

"Fine, I stay single, you have a bajillion girls, and we are both happy. Reject me, Kyle. If you have any guts, reject me."

He laughed, but it sounded hollow to even me. "Remember this, you little bitch, if you reject me, I will never accept that."

I knew that. I had thought he would, before I knew his big, stupid ego would come in between. So I did the most obvious thing next. I spat on his face.

He didn't even flinch, he just calmly wiped away the specks. The way he looked at me, it was mad. It was scary. "I will cause you so much pain, Kaea, I promise."

With that, he went away.

And, I knew he would keep his promise.

_________________________________________

Wellllll, I do think I amped up the angst in this one lol. Tell me if you like it!

In the media box is "I Found- Amber Run". This is one of my favourite songs of all time!

Love you all ;)

K R Y S T L E