25. KYLE, BE WISE

KYLE

She was right. I didn't know what I wanted. I hated her, but-

"I cannot believe you are still confused over this." Mason was pissed. Rightly so. I had, after all, done what he explicitly told me not to do. And I wasn't about to make excuses for myself.

"Why do you have to make your love life so complicated?" He spat at me.

I frowned. "I don't love her."

He stared at me with wide, disbelieving eyes. "What the fuck? How stupid are you? Do you even understand yourself?"

"Mason- "

"Oh my god. You are so screwed, man. I can't help you."

"What?" I don't understand.

"Yeah, no. Somebody only with infinite patience can deal with your level of stupidity. I am calling Sarah."

"How is Sarahsupposed to help me?"

"I don't know. You called me. Said you wanted help. And then you proceed to tell me the stupidest shit ever. It's bonkers. I am out."

"Some kind of friend you are." I retorted.

If looks could kill, I would be so dead. He slapped me near the shoulder. "Some kind of mate you are."

I looked away, because somehow, it didn't feel like a joke anymore. I had never seen her cry, I had never seen one tear on her face. The amount of guilt that flooded me when I saw the one angry tear rolling down her face was enough to make reconsider every choice I had ever made.

And, I had. I had though about her. About how she cried all the while I tasted her tears on my lips. About how kissing her made everything felt alright. How nothing made sense because I always thought hating her made sense. Even if it came with no big reasons, it was there. Always. She was there.

And then she had told me I meant nothing. Would mean nothing. That had given me all the pauses I needed.

What was I doing? What did I want to do? Closing my eyes, I tried to remove her teary face from my mind. But they wouldn't go.

"Rise and shine, Kyle."

A calm and cool female voice uttered. Someone was shaking my shoulders. I immediately got up, ready to fight, but Sarah threw her hands up in the air. "Sorry."

She smiled at me. "You look like a pig."

I thinned my lips, and looked back at Mason standing at his bar near the swimming pool trying to control his laughter. "Is that why you brought her here? To insult me?"

"Haha, Kyle. Very funny. Mason," she smiled at him, and they started doing such lovey shit right there, it made me want to exile them both. "He told me that you have some love problems?"

"No." Yes, yes, yes. But I was going to be Alpha one day- what would people say? He wasn't strong enough to even deal with the issues of his love...of his life. How am I supposed to lead three thousand people when I can't look after myself?

She stared at me, piercing me again with her green eyes, and sighed deeply. "Kyle, there is no shame in asking for help."

I stared back at her. "I am not-"

"Then just discuss this problem with me. I know that there is one." She looked at me earnestly, sitting opposite to me. "Please."

Mason came, holding two drinks in his hands. He handed one to Sarah, and took one for himself. He sat next to arms, arms around her.