Chapter 26

After school I had Tyler drop me off around the corner from Archer's apartment, I told him I'd explain later and he let me off. I'd text Raine to see if Archer was at the house, when I got a reply I went into the apartment. I unlocked the door with my key, it was still on the chain around my neck, I stepped inside then let out a shaky breath. Nothing had changed. I walked and put my bag on the table, memories  flooded back.

"Aren't you scared of the big bad wolf ?" He growled and his eyes flickered amber, my heart rate sped up a little but I kept my face neutral, or so I hoped.

"I'm not afraid of you," He laughed and stood up before walking over to my chair, he put his hands on the arms of the chair and leaned over me, looking me in the eye.

"I can compel you to what ever I wish, I could chop you into a million little pieces and eat you piece by piece before anyone even noticed you were gone, you should be afraid of me, very afraid."

"I'm not afraid of you," I sat up so we were inches apart. "So stop trying to scare me because I'm not scared of you and I never will be."

I smiled then moved into the kitchen, I ran my hand over the counter, the amount of times I'd sat here while Archer cooked or the time we cooked stir fry.

"Archer can you pass the peppers ?" He gave me the bowl of chopped peppers so I threw them in the pan, I started to let them cook. Archer spun me around before picking me up and sitting me on the counter, I wwrapped my arms around his neck. "I have to keep an eye on the food," Although I didn't move from my position.

"Do you want me to stop Snow White ?" He held onto my waist tighter, leaning closer.

"Not at all Huntsman," I smiled then started to kiss him. We'd been making out for a while when I smelt the smoke, I broke off the kiss. "Darn it, the food," I jumped off the counter to the cooker, full of burnt peppers.

"I'll call the Chinese place," Archer pulled out the phone and dialed as I threw away the now charcoal food.

I moved over to the sofa and sat down to pick up a pillow, and like a weirdo, I smelled it, it smelt like him. The image of us sitting here, Archer taking my phone taking pictured.

"Archer, stop taking pictures, I need to read this book or I'm going to fail English," Archer smirked before putting my phone down.

"What are you reading ?" He peered over my shoulder.

"To kill a Mocking Bird, ever read it ?"

"Nope, what's it about ?" "It's about this girl who's father is a lawyer, he's defending a black man accused of raping a young white woman, he's believed to be innocent but the jury says he's guilty, the father loses hope in the Justice system and due to the shame of the white woman and her father who accused the man the father later lashes out at the daughter and son of the lawyer, they are saved by a man who has been nothing but pleasant to them yet they had never seen him." I put my book mark on my page and leaned back into Archer. "I guess the world is like that though, they don't judge by actions, just appearance."

"Despite the fact it is actually the actions that define us."

"Exactly," I looked up at Archer's face, he seemed to be in deep thought. "Although sometimes appearance's are exactly as the person is."

"And sometimes the actions speak so loud you might as well be blind."

I got up and moved to the bed and felt the softness of the comforter, I would sing to Archer some nights.

"It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live" I was laying next to Archer in bed, I traced the outline of his hand.

"So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen," Archer was playing with a lock of my hair.

"And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words

How wonderful life is now you're in the world..." we both fell asleep almost immediatly.

I smiled at the memory, then came the bad. I saw a dent in the wall, only slightly, and I knew where it came from.

 He had slammed me up against a wall with my hands pinned above my head, I was still glaring at him. "Do it, you better hope I never remember, because if I do ? I'll never forgive you," I had whispered that part, I didn't have it in me to fight him on this. A single tear fell down his cheek as he started to compel me.

I had started sobbing again and collapsed against the wall. It hit me all at once, the pain the rejection, every word he said engraved on my brain.

Because it never should have happened in the first place

He regretted it, all of it, and I wanted to hate him so damn much. I don't know how long I sat there crying, but I was brought back to reality when I heard someone opening the door, I ran to the bathroom and closed the door, unfortunately I was in complete darkness. I heard someone walking around and saw a shadow outside the door, I was praying it wasn't Archer when I was thrown out of the room tackled and straddled to the floor by a man.

"Who the hell are you and why are you in my friend's apartment ?" I looked up to see Max sitting on me. "Avalon ? What are you doing here ?"

"He made me forget him," Max's eyes softened and he helped me up. He was about to say something when we heard keys, Max grabbed me and used his demon speed to move us to the bathroom, he left the door open a little so we could see what was going on. Archer walked in, looking pretty intoxicated, with a blonde woman in what looked like a belt to cover her body, she was draped over his left arm giggling.

"Where do you wanna do it Archie ?" I recognized that voice, she turned and I saw it was Lizze. I put a hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming out.

"Don't care baby, anywhere," He picked her up and threw her on the bed while she giggled, I shook my head and looked away.

"Max, take me home," He complied and blinked us to my bedroom where Raine was waiting.

"God I was worried, where have you been ?" I didn't answer I just ran to the bathroom, dropped to my knees and brought up everything in my stomach and emptied it into the toilet bowl. "Avalon ? What happened ?" She was rubbing my back trying to calm me down.

"I found her crying in Archer's apartment, then Archer came back so we hid in the bathroom, it was him and some girl-" I cut him off in between my retching.

"Lizze, it was Lizze," I leaned against the bowl, trying to catch my breath.

"Lizze as in the bitch from lunch ?" I nodded and saw her scowl. "Come on, let's get you to bed," Raine helped me up and we climbed into my bed, Max sat the other side of us.

"Does someone want to explain any of this ?" I nodded to Raine, she started to tell Max everything and I started sobbing again, soon enough I passed out cuddled between Max and Raine,I faintly heard Raine on the phone to Tyler but I was too tired to comprehend any words.