Chapter 31

~Raine's Dress on side~>~

I was sorting through my locker when I felt Hunter's arms around my waist.

"Hello," I grabbed the books I needed before closing the locker and turning to give him a quick kiss. "What's up ?"

"What are you doing tonight ?"

"Nothing, why ?"

"We are having a date, dress comfortable, I'll pick you at six, see you in Psychology," with one final kiss he let me go and walked away.

 "It won't last you know," I spun around to see some random girl watching me, her eyes seemed glazes over, like she wasn't herself.

"What ?"

"It won't last, soon enough he will realize how much trouble you are and throw you to the vampires," I stepped back a little. "And when he does, for all we know you could be taken by a horrible vampire who will want you for more then just your blood."

"Who are you ?" The hallways were completely empty just me and this blonde girl.

"Can't you guess Love ? I'm offended you don't recognize me," I rolled my eyes and leaned against a locker.

"Stefan Carmel, I must say I like this new look better then your old one, although I'd like to know how and why."

"Well I had to get into this lovely lady's mind so I can speak to you without your lapdogs interfering."

"So what do you want ?" The girl stepped forward with a sinister smile.

"I have a proposition for you, if you agree to come with me I will see to it that no one you care for comes to any harm."

"And if I refuse ?"

"If you refuse I will have to take drastic measures that will have a effect on everyone, you have one week to decide, don't want to rush you but if you have not reached a decision by then I will be forced to take action, Goodbye Avalon, until next time," The girl shook her head, trying to figure out what just happened.

"You were rushing because you were late to class, here," I passed here a late slip I had, I had to go sort out some details with some on my class work so they gave me the slip but since I wasn't going to class I gave it to her. When she walked away I noticed Stefan standing at the end of the hallway.

"One week, that's it," and then he was gone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*

I put on a layer of lip gloss and I was ready. I had on a royal blue strapped vest and shoes to match, I had on my white jeans and I was dressed, I had my hair in a bun with two strands either sides of my face, I put on light make up. When the door bell went I shouted bye to Mom and Dad, Raine was with Dayton so I was happy she wouldn't have to feel awkward without me here.

Hunter and I climbed into the car and started to drive, we pulled into a bowling alley car lot and I was jumping for joy, I hadn't been bowling in forever. We got our shoes then went to our lane.

"So are you any good at this ?" Hunter passed me a ball, I lined up my ball with my eyes before bowling a perfect strike.

"Naa, I'm a bit rusty, haven't gone bowling in years."

"You got a strike!" He was gaping at the pins. "Oh it's on," he bowled but at the last second I nudged him so he got a gutter ball, he spun around and threw me over his shoulder before spinning us around so I was dizzy.

"Put me down Hunter! I'm serious!" He laughed but complied, that was how we spent our time, screwing up the other one's shots. We ate food there before driving out and stopping at a clearing in the woods, we got out the car and sat on the bonnet, looking up at the stars. "It's so quiet."

"I know, so peaceful, It's nice for a change."

"It's different, no one screaming about vampires attacking, no STD's screeching," Hunter let out a chuckle. "No one worrying about how to get on with Stefan."

"We'll get through this," Hunter grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze, I thought about telling him about Stefan's offer but decided against it, he would get over protective and most likely wrap me in bubble wrap. "We won't let Stefan get you."

"It's not me I'm worried he'll get," Hunter moved me so I had my head on his chest.

"He's not going to get any of us, I promise you, he's not going to get any of us," And I believed him, I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up but I believed him.

"Thank you," he kissed the top of my head. "I needed that."

"I'll always be here for you, you know that right ?" I lifted my head up so were eye level.

"Yeah I know," I leaned in and gave him a soft kiss.

"Come on, let's have a little fun," He jumped off the bonnet and turned on the radio. "Let's dance," I shook my head but complied, I jumped down and took his hand, he spun me around and we swayed a little. A song came on so I sang along quietly.

I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want

Be your number one
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

He twirled me around before bringing me back, we were moving in sync, he dipped me and I giggled at how cliche this must of been.

I can do it
I can do it
I can do it

As I sang Hunter kept looking at my lips, I stopped singing and smiled, I leaned in to close the distance.

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human
And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart

I'm only human, yeah

He kissed back and held me closer. 

I can turn it on
Be a good machine

I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything

I smiled into the kiss before pulling myself closer to him, he seemed to get the message as he moved his hands down my sides until they reached the back of my thighs.

I can do it
I can do it
I'll get through it

He picked me and and I wrapped my legs around him as he walked to the car, he opened the door and we climbed in the back. 

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human
And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
I'm only human, yeah

Never breaking the kiss. When he pulled back for breath I started to kiss down his jaw.

I can take so much
Until I've had enough

"Avalon," I looked up at Hunter through my lashes. "Are you sure ?"

Cause I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart

"Yes," so I kissed him with all my might.

‘Cause I'm only human, yeah