Chapter 27

When I woke up Raine and Max had left me alone, I got up and moved to the bathroom to clean myself up, I cringed when I saw my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot, my mascara had run down my cheeks, my face was pale, my hair was limp and the look in my eyes... They were blank, void of any and every emotion I was feeling. The image of Archer and Lizze were permanently fixed on my brain, Lizze's giggling as Archer threw her on the bed.

I landed on the floor next to the toilet and started retching again, seems as if I still had something left in my stomach although it was now gone. I sagged against the wall before getting up, I stripped out of my clothes and hopped in the shower, letting the hot water make me momentarily forget everything.

When I got out, I turned on the radio and looked through my clothes, deciding on an outfit like yesterdays just different colors. Instead of a white top it was black, instead of a red skirt it was a dark floral print with black boots, to finish the outfit I had on a raincoat and a long silver chain with an angel feather, a gem and a cross, I had the key on a chain, tucked in my top so no one else could see. Counting Stars came on the radio as I danced around the room.

Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard,
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars, yeah we'll be counting stars

I straightened my hair and put on dark make up, but not loads so people confused me with a goth, just light eyeliner, light grey eye shadow and nude lipstick.

"I think you just let your dark side out,"

Archer hadn't seen my dark side, and I would never let him, he meant nothing to me, he made me forget him, now I was moving on, he could bop Lizze as many times as he liked for all I cared, I was done with him.

I see this life like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs
Seek it out and ye shall find
Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told
I smiled to myself, maybe if I said it enough times I could actually believe it, but until then ? I was going to smile, enjoy myself and act as if I am genuinely happy, because eventually, I will be, right ?

I feel something so right
Doing the wrong thing
I feel something so wrong
Doing the right thing
I could lie, could lie, could lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

I danced down the stairs singing along to the music in my headphones.

"Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard,
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars

Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard,
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be, we'll be counting stars,"

Max, Tyler, Raine and Mom were talking in the kitchen but stopped when they saw me.

"Please continue, I know I'm the subject so let's hear it, but If I hear he who shall not be named I will turn my music up and start dancing," Everyone looked at each other before looking at me.

"Are you sure you okay ? Last night-" I cut Raine off.

"Was a eye opening, also life-scaring, event which made me realize something."

"Which was ?" Tyler raised a brow.

"I have basically five months left to live, give or take, after that I reach eighteen, which means any supernatural who craves invincibility and or power will be coming after me, so I can either run or die, until then I am going to actually going to enjoy my life and not get caught up on little things like Archer screwing little miss STD, so you can either doubt me or take me to school and have fun, decide now or I'm walking to school alone," everyone was shocked at my little speech, I don't think they expected me to be so morbid, or confident, usually I was shy and quiet, I'd leave things be and only ever speak up if someone was treating someone badly and even then I was never that confident. Max was the first to recover and smiled at me.

"Let's get to school then."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

At lunch since it was sunny we all sat outside, Raine sat with Vicky and Lincoln, laughing, they seemed to be getting along well, which I was thankful for. Tyler and Hunter were talking about an upcoming football game as I chatted with Chloe about the dance, apparently she had a date with a cute guy from Spanish class. Lizze was talking to some people to do with year book so she wasn't with us. Thank god.

Half way through lunch Lizze came and joined in with Chloe and mine's conversation.

"Hello," Lizze was beaming from ear to ear. "What are you guys talking about ?"

"The dance next week, what's got you so happy ?" Chloe gave her a suggestive smile, Raine and Tyler noticed us talking and turned away from their conversations to check up on me, I kept my smile in place.

"Well I got some last night, he was so hot I swear he burned," my nails dug into my palm as I fought the urge to speak up.

"Details," I had prayed Chloe wouldn't ask that, Vicky, Lincoln and Hunter had joined the conversation now as well.

"Well yesterday, after my little outburst, sorry by the way about that Av, just a little stressed, anyway I went to a bar and this guy walked in, he looked so moody so I went over to him and we started talking, next thing I know we were in his apartment, and let me tell you-" I cut her off, if she said anymore I would throw up my lunch.

"As lovely as that sounds I don't want to hear how you spread your legs and your diseases to some guy from a bar," Everyone turned to me, shocked, Raine and Tyler were watching me carefully, waiting for me to explode.

"Your just jealous you can't get anyone as hot as Archer," I felt a drop of blood go from my hand as my nails broke the skin.

 "How do we know he's hot if we've never seen him ?" Raine came to my rescue as if I had replied I would of slipped up.

"Actually you have, remember the guy who you went to Chloe's party with ? He was the guy on the bike with Avalon," Vicky's eyes widened as I glared. 

"Well I'll tell him to get checked, god knows what he picked up from you," I got up and stormed off with Raine and Tyler behind me. I walked to the front of the building before stopping and leaning against a wall. "Darn it, I exploded a little didn't I ?" They nodded and I groaned.

"Hey wait up," Hunter, Chloe, Vicky and Lincoln running out after us. "You okay ? You stormed off pretty quickly..." I gave Hunter a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, Lizze is just a bit much to handle sometimes, and hearing about her and your brother isn't the most entertaining thing ever," Hunter nodded before pulling me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"So what shall we do ? It's obvious we aren't going to class," Lincoln looked around at us.

"We can't ditch, we'll get in trouble," my eyes must of looked like saucers, how could they want to ditch school ? we would get a call home, and I'll probably get grounded.

"Avalon Greene, you need to live a little you goody two shoed girl," Vicky looked at Hunter, I looked between them confused. Suddenly I'm thrown over a shoulder and taken to the car.

"I'll call Max, Damien and Dayton to meet us," Raine sat in the back with Vicky, Chloe, Hunter and I, since we were in a five seat-er car I was made to sit on Hunter's lap because we were all squished up together, we were driving for a while before stopping off at a supermarket.

"Why are we stopping ?" I tried to look but Hunter stopped me.

"It's a surprise," I leaned back into him, soon enough Tyler and Lincoln climbed back into the car grinning like the Joker.

"Why do I feel scared to ask why you guys are smiling like that ?" Their grins widened and soon enough we were back on the road, we drove for a little while longer before pulling up at a old football pitch we used to use before a new one was built. "What's going on ?" Lincoln grinned before him, Tyler and Hunter each grabbed a box with at least three watermelons in, Vicky grabbed a huge slingshot from the trunk and the started to set everything up.

"We, my young Avalon, are Watermelon launching," Lincoln's grin was now resembling the Cheshire cat's.

Oh god I've fallen down the rabbit hole, but everyone is either tweedle dum or tweedle dee.