Chapter 3

"A fan? Fan of what?" Puffball asked, as Fanny mumbled something about hating the introduction they were all given.

"Okay," MePhone4 sighed. "We're off to a great start. You're all probably wondering what teams you'll be on."
MePhone4 looked at all of the contestants, but the most he got out of a reaction was a shrug.

"Didn't you... randomize them last season?" Fan asked, as Test Tube looked over at him.

MePhone4 held up a button, pressing it. Not a moment later, there were several booms, as paint was splattered everywhere in three colors – Blue, yellow, and pink.

"Consider the teams randomized! It was all Fan's idea, everybody. And that stuff doesn't come out easy." MePhone4 informed.

Mephone paused for a moment as a few of the contestants grumbled and protested. "Yes, while you all weren't looking, I strapped paint bombs to all your backs! The color you're covered in is your team color."

After that, everyone started splitting up based on their colors.

Teardrop, Pie, Box, Pillow, Balloon, and Nickel were all on the blue team.

Puffball, Fan, Remote, Tennis Ball, Golf Ball, and Test Tube were all on the pink team.

"Wait... what about me?" Black Hole asked.
MePhone4 was about to speak, but Tree pointed at the grass under Black Hole, which was stained yellow.

"Yeah, I put the paint bomb under you, cause I can't really- uh-"

"No, it's okay, I understand."
The rest of the yellow team gathered after that. It consisted of OJ, Fanny, Black Hole, Tree, Yin-Yang, and Paintbrush.

"Alright, with our teams assembled, it's time for the first challenge!"

MePhone4 had gathered all of the contestants in their teams. "Okay, so your first challenge will be to jump off this sixty-foot cliff. At the button of the cliff, you'll find a safety tube that'll put you straight to the finish line. If you miss, you'll hit the quicksand and re-emerge at the top. First two teams to have all their members across the finish line will win immunity. Last place will send one of its players packing. So go!"

There was silence for a moment before MePhone4 clarified. "No, like the challenge is on. Go! Now!"

On the yellow team, OJ spun as he spoke. "Okay everyone, I think we'll need to organize a game plan."

"Agreed, OJ." Paintbrush said. "Thanks for that twirl. It was lovely. Now check out mine!" Paintbrush also twirled around, copying what OJ had done.

"Woah, hold the phone! That was brilliant."

"We get style points for the dives, right?" OJ continued, asking Black Hole, Tree, and Fanny.

"Yeah, maybe we can practice a routine before–" Paintbrush was cut off by Yin-Yang.

"Dumb idiots! Just jump okay? Bye-bye now!" Yin-Yang kicked OJ and Paintbrush off the cliff together, before jumping off himself.

The three managed to land in the safety pipe, getting put at the finish line.

"And half the yellow team has stuck the landing! Well organized!" MePhone4 announced.

Yin-Yang looked smug about the situation, while OJ and Paintbrush didn't look anything less than traumatized from the experience.

Meanwhile the blue team was standing at the cliff's edge, Teardrop peering over it.

"What's she doing?" Nickel asked Balloon, who simply shrugged.

Teardrop looked back over at Nickel and grinned. She ran over and grabbed him by his leg as he yelled out. She ran off the edge with Nickel screaming, making them both land on the side of the pipe, but Teardrop threw Nickel into it, before pulling herself up and jumping into it too, getting them both to the finish line.

"Woah..." Balloon murmured, watching that whole situation.

"Ooh! I wanna try!" Remote said before hopping off the edge like Teardrop did, holding her knees to her chest.
She also made it to the finish line.

Balloon watched Remote jump, then looked back at his team. "We gotta do this!"
He also then ran off the edge, though he didn't exactly fall. At least not quickly. "...Oh come on."

Pie, Box, and Pillow all looked at each other for a moment, before Pie grabbed Box and called to Balloon. "Catch us!"

As Pie jumped off the edge, she held her hand out, which Balloon grabbed, helping him fall quicker.

"Hmm... So you have an underground factory?"
Test Tube and Golf Ball were talking, with Tennis Ball and Fan just kind of awkwardly listening in.

"So uh, how are we gonna do this?" Fan asked Tennis Ball as GB and Test Tube kept chatting.

"Oh, I dunno..." Tennis Ball started. "I was thinking maybe we could use Puffball to our advantage so we could get down to the tube safely and efficiently!"

783 words
December 15, 2023
(augh sorry these chapters arent as long as i hoped, but hey, looks like teams were formed and golf ball and test tube are getting along!)