Chapter 6

(one thing i will mention before this starts, im not doing episode 2 of iii, more explanation at the end)

After OJ had been eliminated and Balloon had been recovered from the previous challenge, MePhone4 was introducing something new. The Pic-Nix tables, as he called it.
"Welcome everyone, to the grand opening of the Pic-Nix tables!"

"Uh... You mean picnic tables, right?" Tree questioned.

"Actually I don't." MePhone4 gestured to the table before continuing. "I designed these tables to generate ANY food you pick. And if you change your mind about your choice, you can always nix it. So: Pic-Nix!" He explained.

Nickel chuckled. "Uh, is it too late to nix this whole idea?"

"Keep it up and you'll be banned for life." MePhone4 threatened. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pick a double chocolate chip cookie."

As soon as MePhone4 finished his statement, said cookie was generated by the table.

"Eh, nix." MePhone4 said. "Triple! Like to dream big."

"Pic... Nix... Okay?" Tree raised a brow, but stayed silent.

"Well I hate the Pic-Nix tables."

"Woah, really?" Tree asked sarcastically, eyeing Fanny. "I would have never guessed."

Fan glanced over at Fanny, wondering if she was just always like that, but didn't question it. Test Tube, who had been standing beside Fan, had seemed to notice his glance.

"Er... MePhone? Did you by chance... hire photographers?"

"What?" MePhone4 questioned. "I don't hire anyone anymore."
MePhone4 turned. "...Can I help you two?"

"Oh! Just pretend we're not even here."

"We don't have to pretend if you leave!" MePhone4 pointed out.

"Oh, of course. Do you think you can just answer a few questions first?

"Like, why are you doing two seasons at once? Why are there TPOT contestants? Is there even a pri-"

They were interrupted by MePhone4, who looked annoyed. "It's snack time! Can't a guy just enjoy the food he worked so hard to instantly generate in peace?" MePhone4 then took a bite from his cookie as the flash of a picture went off.

"Fine, if that's how you want to play it, then we got what we needed."

"Nice! I'm glad that's the last we heard of them." MePhone4 said as they walked away. He then received a notification that read 'You were mentioned in an article.'
"Ooh! Notoriety!"

He clicked on the notification and brought up the article.

THE TRUTH BEHIND "MEPHONE4"

MePhone4 is a beloved figure within the Inanimate Insanity community.
While undoubtedly endearing and' endlessly sarcastic, there is a layer to him that we are unaware of.
Trust me - I'm, like, serious.

"Creatively struggling host bites
off more than he can chew."

"Well, they're right so far." MePhone4 commented.

We tried to catch up with the hungry host, but it would seem he was too pompous to entertain our questions!

However, we did manage to grab a picture. And this picture of MePhone's crazed, tired, honestly horritying expression told us all we needed to know.

And now, here is a selection of reactions to this image from social media. This is what articles are like now. And before you complain, journalism is only like this because that's what you click on. You know we're right.

Underneath that last section of text was a blurred image labeled with,

Sensitive Content
This photo contains sensitive content which some people may find offensive or disturbing.

"Ah! This image of me... it's... it's..."

"It's okay, MePhone." Balloon tried to reassure MePhone4. "Trust me, I know how it feels to come off bad on camera. But you can't let it get to you—"

MePhone4 showed Balloon the said image and Balloon's face immediately shifted into that of pure horror. "OH GOSH! There's no coming back from that! I can't unsee that! I'm SO SORRY!"

Everyone looked equally horrified (except for Black Hole).

Balloon started to run away crying as MePhone4 closed the article. "That's it, nix this party! I'm starting the next challenge immediately!"

641 words
January 8, 2024
(about the lack of episode 2, i just don't wanna tbh cause of the team names, hope you can understand. it was skipped and this chapter started with episode 3, snapshot showdown, and teams are just be named with their colors, hope this is okay. I might revisit episode two if i can think of new team names, but no promises.
also this is far from my best work i was writing this between classes and it's kinda rushed, i was just trying to get this done quickly
anyways first chapter of 2024 coolio)