Chapter 12 : The Good Old Days

"Everything was great. I had friends....or at least I thought they were my friends. I had a boyfriend......he was the most popular boy in school....beautiful green eyes,dark hair. He was every girl's dream....and my reality. His name.........was Jesse King.
A true ladies man,with his charm and wealth he could have any girl he wanted. Yet he chose me.
Jesse and I dated for a year ......he made me so happy. I thought I loved him....until he hurt me...in the worst way possible. Everyone resented me after what went down between Jesse and I. I lost all my "friends" in the time I needed them most. I learned on my own to get over things you know,move on. That's exactly what I did,but he's back......and I don't know if I can face him. I don't want to remember what he did.", I tell the boys with a heavy heart.

"What did he do to you ?", Bash asks concerned.

My eyes well up with tears at that very moment but I won't cry. I'm tired of getting pity.

"It's not something I like to talk about.", I stated looking down at my hands,ashamed of myself.

"It's okay.",Xavi assures me as he catches my action.

"It's not okay...I'm such a messed up person.",I say frustrated.

"It's okay.....people have different ways of dealing with their problems.",Parker says.

"But look at it... It's disgusting. I'm disgusted with myself.... Even more than before.",I mutter sadly.

"Lia, can I talk to you on your patio for a second ?",he asks. I nod my head and get up from my bed.

We walk silently to my double doors and I reach for the knobs and swing them open,the cold air slapping us in our faces.

"Beautiful night.",I mutter awkwardly. Xavi chuckles. "It is.", he confirms.

After a few minutes of silence Xavi spoke up,"You are a beautiful person Lia.......inside and out. You should not be disgusted with yourself or any of the decisions you've made."

"But you don't understand.....you'll never understand. You have the perfect life. You have all those expensive cars,you live in a big mansion......people like you don't understand what I go through.",I say looking up at the moon.

"Well those "expensive cars" are apology gifts from my dad as a way of saying "I'm sorry that I'm never around". Living in that mansion isn't so much fun when you're living in it all by yourself. My mom is never around ....she never wanted me. The only family I have is the guys;They've always been there....no matter what. So yeah...I guess "people like me" really have no idea what it feels like to be alone in this messed up world.",he finishes sounding upset that I judged him when I only knew so little.

I felt really bad ............ I had no idea what was going on in his life yet I assumed that because everything looked so perfect that it actually was.

"Listen Xavi.... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed that your life was perfect. I had no idea you were dealing with so much. I'm so stupid.....I'm sorry.",I sighed.

"It's okay, and you're not stupid. You are such an amazing person Athalia.......you don't deserve how people treat you. Those kids at school are all cowards.",he says looking me dead in the eyes.

"You are a pretty cool guy,you know..." ,I say not really knowing how to respond to him saying all those nice things about me.

"So I've been told.",he says smirking. I roll my eyes at him before hitting him on the shoulder. "But you are way too cocky for your own good.",I finish with a smile.

"What ? You don't like my amazing personality?",he says with playfulness in his eyes.

"I do...... But Nyjah's is better honestly.",I say as convincingly as possible.

Xavi gasps,"Nyjah? Are you serious ?"

"I am. He's cuter too.",I say rubbing it in.

"Now you're  just taking it way too far.",he says smiling. Not smirking,but actually smiling........and let me tell you,he has a beautiful smile. It caught me off guard.

I chuckled a bit at what he said before turning and looking back up at the moon. It was so beautiful. When I was younger I would always dream of going to the moon,when I was sad or just angry at the world. It would be my escape,you know. If it wasn't for my parents ,and the fact that I can't  actually live on the moon,I would've gone a long time ago.

We stand on my patio for a few more minutes in comfortable silence.

"Let's go inside.",Xavi whispers. I nod my head and follow behind him as we head back into my room.

When we are fully inside I see Parker laying on my bed looking bored,Keanon texting on his iPhone,Bash and Blaze having a staring contest,Aiden was also texting but he looked furious,Keanon was also doing something in the back of my notebook and Nyjah was sitting in the trashcan I used to dispose of paper.

"Nyjah..." ,I called to him seriously worrying about his mental health.

Only then did I realize he had his earphones in. "Nyjah!" I called a little louder,which worked as he looked up at me smiling and removing his earphones.

"Oh hey Lia.....what are you doing here ?",he asks.

"Uhhhmmmm...I live here?",I say in a questioning manner.

"Oh yeah !! I totally forgot.",he says laughing. The boys were just staring at him seeming unfazed by his behavior. I guess it's gonna take a while for me to get used to it.

"What are you doing in my trashcan?",I ask.

"Just chilling.",he answers as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Keep in mind that my trashcan is very very small...and Nyjah is not small. He's rather built.

"Okay then....." ,I say ending the conversation. He puts his earphones back in his ears and starts singing,"If I was you I'd wanna be me too,I'd wanna be me too,I'd wanna be me too." He was really putting his all into the song...

The guys and I burst out laughing but Nyjah did not seem to care as he simply carried on.

Xavi sat beside a mad looking Aiden and asked him what was going on. Aiden looked up from his phone screen after typing something very quickly which made it clear,along with facial expressions,that whatever he was typing wasn't very nice.

"She cheated on me.",he says looking really upset.

As he said that everyone's attention went to him.

"Are you kidding me?"
"Seriously?"
"You're kidding"
"That's crazy"

-Were all you heard from the guys in the room. I didn't know exactly what was going on....but I could put two and two together ...

"After all I did for her,I was loyal. I gave her everything she needed,I cared for her,I took her out,bought her nice things,I gave her everything and this is what she does ??",he says sounding defeated. I feel really bad for the guy...he seems so heartbrok-

"Oh well,on to the next chick.",he says with a smirk plastered on his face. All the guys start grinning at that. I simply sighed........boys will be boys.

A/N
So guys...I know I had you waiting for a long time....I'm sorry. But here's your chapter ....and I also apologize if it wasn't as good as you expected.

The pic above is an IG account that I want you guys to go follow !!!! It's an anti bullying page which I know we all support. It's called Q.T.I.P (Quit Taunting It's Pathetic) please go follow that page. Thank you so much for everything...for reading my book and all.😘😘