Chapter 5- "Where's Your Salad And Water?"

Chapter 5-"where's your salad and water?"

When I got home it is 5:00 pm, I was hanging out with the boys at Wendy's. Dad is home, he's in his bedroom looking for an outfit to wear.

"Blue or black tie?" He asks, holding up both ties.

"Black and dad stop worrying, it's just like any other date", I shrug.

"Yeah, but this time I am bringing my none manners daughter", he retorts.

I shoot him a look, my dad is handsome with chestnut hair like mines, green eyes. I have my mother's eyes and I resemble her with curves.

We have to pick up Chelsea at 6:00 pm, the restaurant is like forty minutes away from here and Chelsea is twenty minutes. I went and bathe, then put on my clothes and borrow my mom's heels, I am surprised it fits me.

"You look, nice and just like your mom", dad says, I see hurt in his eyes.

I look at the time 5:55 pm.

I say, "it's also time to go dad, get your car keys and your phone."

"Don't worry, we get a reservation, it's okay to be a little late", he smiles.

I sigh and walk out the front door, Luke texted me earlier that he was going to dinner with his aunt.

When we pull up in front of Chelsea's house, it looks normal, but what surprised me the most is a guy and he looks awfully familiar.

Chelsea's my dad's co-worker, dark brown hair and hazel eyes, she opens the front door and gets in.

Chelsea had on a fitted dress reaching over her knees and Luke has on black soft pants and a blue shirt.

The boy opens the back and gets in, we both watch each other and says in unison, "you".

I can't believe Luke is coming to dinner with me.

"Ann, are you okay?" Dad asks.

I answer, "yes everything is just fine", note the sarcasm.

Chelsea says, "Lukey, say hello to Anastasia".

He smirks, "aunty, I know her already, she's actually the girl who joined our group."

She smiles, "oh that's lovely, then Luke wouldn't be lonely when I go on dates with Alvin here".

Luke rolls his eyes, "I'm fine aunty, stop babying me please."

Luke lives with his Aunty after his mother died six years ago due to a heart attack and his father died the year after committing suicide. We both lost someone, so we are not alone.

**********

We pull up by the restaurant and my dad parks the car. We all walk in and got our table right away.

I order spaghetti and meatballs, that was always my order from a young age.

Chelsea watch me in shock.

"Where's your salad and water?" She asks.

"Salad?" I ask in confuse

Luke sighs, "she's not like other girls, who practically starving themselves, she can eat how much she wants and still be slim."

I smile at him and Chelsea sighs, watching my dad. We got dessert which is chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. I had the second round with the cake and Luke just smile at that.

After we all finish, it's already 8:15 pm.

Chelsea yawns and says, "I'm tired, Alvin please take me home, thanks for the dinner."

My dad kisses her on the cheek, Luke making a puking face and I laugh at him. We walk out of the restaurant and dad unlocks the car, when he starts to drive I drift off to sleep.

Someone shakes me awake and I open my eyes, we are home in the garage.

"It has been a while since we watch a movie together, let's do it right now", dad suggests.

We went into the theater room and had popcorn.

I sit down in my comfy chair and put on my 3D glasses.

It's really been a while since we watch a movie together.

Dad says, "maybe next time, Chelsea can come over and watch a movie with you and have a girl's night out."

I hold up my hand, "hold your horses, she can come over for movie night, nothing else."

Dad sighs.

When the funny part comes, Dad and I laugh.

I get a message from Justin.

Player: We'll be picking you up at 10, don't be late

Me: Me? Late, never, don't you know me at all

Player: Yes I know that you hate to fail a test

I smirk and text back.

Me: It's not my fault, it's a nerd thing, get used to it

Player: 10:00 am, sharp, don't be late

Me: Night tin tin

Player: Night Ana

Dad glances at me then at the screen.

"If you have a boyfriend, I want to meet him first before you two date", he says.

I blush.

"Dad I don't have one", I sigh.

"Not yet Ana", he chuckles.

I roll my eyes.

______________