Thirty-Three - Pick-Up Lines of a Player

"Sneaking out and looking for a taste of real life,"

What Makes Us Girls, Lana Del Rey

Autumn and Ivy looked at me enthusiastically as I nervously dialed Conner's phone number. My fingers were literally trembling but a part of me was calm considering that it was one in the morning and he probably wouldn't pick up.

"Hello?" His voice was a bit croaky but for the most part clear. I bit my lip and cleared my throat. Trying to have the tone of a player was the last thing I would think I'd do,

especially tonight.

"Hey Conner. Aside from being extremely attractive, what are you up to?" Autumn and Ivy slapped their foreheads at my attempt at being charming. Hey, we all aren't born charmers – okay?

"Jade are you drunk?"

"Haha!" I screamed into the phone. "I'm not drunk, just intoxicated by you!" Autumn peered out of her hands which covered her face. Ivy shot me an approving smile. "Are your shoes tied?"

"Why? I'm not even wear-"

"Because I don't want you falling for anyone else!" I blurted into the phone and quickly chucked it across the room with my cheeks a bright red. Autumn ran towards it, yelled a goodbye, hung up and roared in laughter with Ivy.

"That shoe one! Seriously Jade how do you even know those?" Ivy giggled while wiping away an actual tear that formed in the corner of her eye. I'll be honest, I was laughing too. I mean you wouldn't expect a girl like me to know a bunch of corny and cheesy pick-up lines, now would you?

Come on, let down your hardcover you know those were great!

The little person hiding in my mind kept telling me to laugh in hopes that Ivy and Autumn would forget the last part of the dare. My mind must have never met Autumn and Ivy before because as if that could ever happen.

"So," Ivy grinned while rubbing her hands together, cueing for my laughter to stop. "It's time for the second part," she looked at Autumn with a raised eyebrow. Autumn slowly crept open the room door and snuck out of Ivy's room. We both followed her, tip-toeing down the stairs and sneaking outside.

Ivy grabbed her car keys and manually unlocked the door so minimum noise was made. She gestured for us to get in and we quickly scampered into the car, slamming the doors shut. "Could you not be any louder?" She hissed at us while starting the engine. We shrugged earning an overly dramatic eyeroll from Ivy. Autumn shot me a thumbs up as we made our way down the street.

Conner lived about three neighborhoods down from Ivy. Basically, it wouldn't take long to get there. My stomach churned at the last time I was here, but I brushed it away. If I had any more anxiety, I would probably call the cops on myself to get out of this.

After awhile of driving in pitch black, Ivy announced in a whisper that we were here. It almost made me realize that my two best friends could possibly land my rear-end in jail. If they do they are not getting any of my stuff when I die!

They both waited for me to get out of the car, and when I did a grin spread across their faces almost resembling the Cheshire Cat. "Good luck," Ivy whispered while waving me off. I slowly tried to make out the correct address in the darkness. The only thing keeping the streets from being pitch black was the poorly dimmed orange street lights.

Once I was face-to-face with the house, I gulped down the lump in my throat and scanned the front windows. It was all black. I made my way around the house trying not to alert any possible security guards or guard dogs. My foot made contact with a twig, making a snap. A low growl emerged from the bushes and I could feel my heart sink to the bottom of my converse. I tip-toed to the backyard and spotted a subtle light materializing from one of the windows.

There's no turning back now.

I grabbed onto one of the bricks and pulled myself up, brick to brick. There was a point where I nearly slipped and almost fell to my certain death because of a stupid dare. If I learned anything from our obviously immature games of dare or dare is that pride and ego make you do stupid things. Stupid, stupid things that only intoxicated people would do.

I clutched onto the window sill, cringing at the slight tap my nails made. A silhouette appeared from the other side of the window. The figure slowly opened the window and every sense of reality escaped my brain. I'm going to jail, I'm going to die, I'm a sinner!

Oh Lord please forgive me for throwing away my mother's ice cream sandwiches when I was ten. She told me on a diet and I heard her talking to her friends about her "sandwiches"!

My hand slipped from the sill, and I let out a slight yelp when I found myself dangling from the outside of Conner Peterson's window and not falling to my death in his backyard. When I gathered enough sense to look up I immediately made out the outline of Conner's shaggy hair. He hauled me up into his room and shut the window.

"Williams, you are drunk aren't you?" He muttered while walking towards his bathroom and returned with a bottle of AirBorne. "You know you're the last person I'd expect climbing into my room past midnight," he chuckled.

I pushed away the bottle, "first of all, I'm not drunk, it's called dare or dare. And secondly, do you just casually wait for people to climb into your bedroom through your window?" He cocked an eyebrow at me, "it's a joke."

"Heh, of course." I slowly walked towards the door and sheepishly waved. "Well I guess I better get going," he looked at me and smirked.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I drove you home," he opened the door.

"No really I-" he cut me off by scooping me up bridal style and jogging towards his car. "Conner Peterson if you don't let me down right now, I swear!"

"How about no?" He kept his childish grin. I grew warm and snapped, "what if someone from school sees us? They're gonna talk!" Conner stood still in the middle of his driveway and looked down at me. He wore his signature lopsided grin, "let them."

AUTHORS NOTE

I've got good news and bad news :(:

wa wa waa

Good news! I recently just published a new book called Nerds Glasses! It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile now so it would mean alot if you could show the tiniest bit of support!

Bad news! I've been receiving some private messages regarding the ending of Dare or Dare. Honestly, at this point I think Dare or Dare is closer to the end than the start. I'll maybe wait until (in the story) it's Christmas so I can end it off pretty cute. That means Jade and everyone else has nearly a month left! Aagdsgh! 

Q.O.T.C

If you could be any character from Dare or Dare, who'd you be?

A.O.T.C

Probably Jade because that girl has a whole collection of band tees and vinyls, hit me up PlEaSe! Or maybe Autumn cause she's such a goof and I love herrrr

Fluff 'n' Stuff

SIMI

,