Thirty Five - Burning The Bridge To Joy

"Look like a million dollar man, so why is my heart broke?"

Million Dollar Man, Lana Del Rey

*IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT LGBT+ PLEASE DO NOT HATE OR READ THE LAST PART OF THIS CHAPTER, THANK YOU!*

I'll admit, I was a bit hurt that he ditched school possibly for the reason that we'd have to kiss. After all, in every high school it seems as if reputations come first. But I did do the same, only because I've always felt like no kiss should be forced.

Well Ashton thinks otherwise.

Kissing someone is a big deal. That's why you'd get pissed at someone if they stole your first one. Also the fact that it should be cherished, and not just for the sake of a number. The whole Starbucks glared at us while Ashton proudly held onto my waist with a stupid grin. I could have sworn I saw the green logo thing glare at us too!

After a bit everyone faced their own tables and carried on with their lives. And so did Ashton. He threw back on his apron and mopped up the mess. Every now and then I'd meet the unexpected glance that Conner would throw me. If Ashton screws up my relationship with Conner, I swear I will have no mercy on that guy! He's a huge family jewel!

Yes, even in the worst times I stay holy!

Okay fine sometimes it slips.

I decided that I'd just walk home since the Starbucks was about the same distance to my house as the school. Besides, if my mom is home I can just wait it out on the side of the house I guess.

Just as I adjust the straps on my backpack and walk towards the door, Conner throws away his cup and approaches the door. Well, this is going to be awkward. I shrug it off and pretend not to see him but things get worse once I realize that he has to go the same direction as me.

A loud exhale comes from behind me. Once I don't look back, another one. And another and finally I furrow my eyebrows, snapping at the person. "Can you not!" I shrieked. I opened my eyes and flushed up at the sight of Conner – cocking an eyebrow at me as if I just claimed that pigs can fly.

"Fiesty," he muttered under his breath. A part of me wondered if he was just as upset as me, seeing that he did – lowkey – admit his feelings for me.

You're delusional.

Tell me something I don't know.

You're talking to yourself, god!

A high whistle came from behind me. It stopped for a second and Conner's voice filled in the silence. "You know I would have never thought you'd like a douchier version of Bryan. It's kind of a shocker," he commented. How subtle.

"First of all, it's not like I wanted to kiss the dude. He's one of my exes and he's literally the definition of a player. Secondly, it's not nice to jump to conclusions. And lastly, I don't see why you care?" I snorted. He picked up his paces so that we were side by side.

"I don't." He scoffed and looked at me with a scrunched up face.

"Then why even bring it up?" I kept my gaze low to the concrete.

"Because I'm curious – that's all," he wore a sarcastic smile that ticked me off. If you want to tell me something, tell me it! Don't beat around the dang bush.

"What?" He smirked at me. "What do you want?" I whined. He shrugged and continued walking. Out of the corner of my eye, I could catch the expecting gazes he'd shoot to me. "Conner Peterson! For the last damn time today – what. Do. You. Want?" I smacked my mouth shut with my hand. Conner looked at me with an unamused look.

"What makes you think I want something?" He literally answered a question, with a question.

Impressive.

"I don't know, maybe it's the way you keep glancing over to me?" I said irritated. He shrugged for like the forty-fifth time today and continued casually walking.

After yet another silence, he sighed once more. "It pulled a string when you kissed him, you know?" My heart sank for a second. It literally sank to the Dead Sea. I shot him a bitter smile, "well it really shouldn't matter since you go off with a new bimbo like every week. But that's none of my business so I never ask about it! It. Doesn't. Concern. Me. Stop acting like we're dating for crying out loud! You're pissing me off Peterson!" I clamped my mouth with my hand. What has gotten into me? I let out a groan of frustration, "I'm sorry Conner, I didn't mean to. It just kind of – Conner?" I looked around the street for him.

This is what I get for screwing everything up, huh? Is that what the pit of me thought of Conner? Now he's gone, and you're never going to see him again. You ruined your relationship worse than Ashton could have ever done – great going Williams. You might as well have "I SNAP AT EVERYONE BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE'S FEELINGS" tattooed onto your forehead so everyone knows to stay within a mile radius away from you.

I wandered off the path to my house, in hopes of finding Conner somewhere. I don't know why I care so much. Why do I care so much?

Because you freaking love him, dimwit. Not to mention that you wanted to at least have a relationship with him even if it just meant you guys were friends. Now you've burned that bridge and there's no going back.

I dragged myself around town like a hopeless puppy. Subsequently, I found myself walking into a park. It wasn't anything special – just your average playground, ice cream truck, and a path in the woods. Everyone looked so full of joy and happy while I moped around like a kid who didn't get any candy on Halloween.

I decided to head towards the ice cream stand and get a Rocky Road. After all, what's a little ice cream cant fix?

Possibly the best chance of having a genuine boyfriend, maybe.

*LGBT*

As I was waiting for my cone, I glanced around the park. That's when I spotted Ivy and Autumn. Freaking Ivy and Autumn sharing a kiss with each other. I composed my shock and took my cone, trying to get a better look to make sure it was them. It sure as heck was!

I've never felt more fangirly in my life! My ship! My ship! It's canon everyone! It's official! Ivy pulled away with a grin on her face while Autumn returned it. They're so adorable, #Avyn!

*LGBT*

Yet of course, my conscience had to bring me out of the cheery moment.

You know what's not official? Conner and Jade, but that doesn't concern you does it? After all – you're the one who ended your own relationship.

And cue the moping around like a helpless puppy again.

AUTHORS NOTE

I do know that Ivy x Autumn is a lesbian ship but I don't see anything wrong with that. If you do, I won't judge or hate your opinion so please don't judge or hate mine! (:

Bracing myself for all the hate I'm gonna get for burning the #JONNER ship. DON'T WORRY MY SWEET FRIENDS THE FAIRY GOD-AUTHOR IS GOING TO WORK HER MAGIC WHETHER THAT MEANS MAKING JONNER REAL AGAIN OR INTRODUCING A NEW CHARACTER – MWAHA!

Judging by where DOD is right now, I'd say maybe two more normal sized chapters and two more shorter chapters. I'm probably going to be making a sequel of DOD if you'd guys like to see that. 

Q.O.T.C

Would you guys like to see a sequel of DOD?

A.O.T.C

If I do end up making a sequel, it'll probably be who Jade ends up with (40005 cats) and how the crew sticks around.

Also don't forget to check out my book; Nerds Glasses! If you like DOD Im pretty sure you'll like ND (:

Nerds & Blue Birds

SIMI