I Am Not Jealous, I Am Territorial

Trus' POV

Right now, I'm sitting in second period with Dante, who refused to give me space.

We're all working on a worksheet and I'm done. So, I'm sitting back.

"Can you help?" Dante suddenly asks.

"With?"

"Number three?" I nod and lean towards him.

I begin to explain how to work the problem. When I look up, he's staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You're so smart." He whispers.

"No I'm not. Math is my weakness and you're probably gonna get this answer wrong."

He reaches forward and tucks a loose piece of hair behind my ear. I open my mouth to argue, but he cuts me off.

"Small touches here and there, remember?" I roll my eyes and continue to help him with the problem.

"There you go." I say. The bell suddenly rings and we get up.

"Will you help me finish the rest after school?" He asks.

We begin to head for the front of the class. "Maybe." I say as I walk in front of him and out the door.

As we walk out successfully, he comes up beside me. "Why maybe?"

"Well, i have people to take care of, and a job." I say, "I'm a very busy person." I tell him.

Suddenly, some guy accidentally bumps into me and I fall on my ass.

"Holy shit I am so sorry." The guy exclaims.

"Ah, no worries." I say and get up. I brush myself off.

"Actually, there are worries, you hurt my girl bro!" I hear Dante yell.

"I'm alive, I'm breathing, I'm fine, so calm your tits." I tell him.

I look back up. "Holy shit." I whisper. Dante had stepped in front of me but I could see the guy I bumped into. He was glaring at Dante.

He looks at me and his eyes widened. "Holy shit." I laugh and go around Dante. I wrap my arms around the guy. "Holy shit Tru!" He says as e lifts me and squeezes the life out of me.

"Alex! Put me down." I say. He puts me down.

Okay, pause. You have no damn clue who this is or what just happened. Unless you're a super smart genius who read my mind, or you're me or Alex.

So, Alex was my bestfriend since Kindergarten. He was always taller than me. We lived in Columbus together forever, but he had moved away.

We always kept in contact and it was part of the reason I wanted to move to New York. But, he left and went to Europe for a little.

He wasn't supposed to be back for a while. Not only that, I didn't know he went to New York City. When I told him I was planning on leaving, we had lost touch for a while. I still don't know why.

When we were younger, we were glued to the hip! Swear to God! We would not leave each other. And one time he put super glue on our hips.

He was like an older brother to me, except way more protective, much more retarded, and really laid back.

Anyways, back to the present.

"I thought you were still in Europe." i say when he puts me down.

"Yea, it was getting boring, so I came back." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes. Then I push him, he falls on his ass. "Why the fuck didn't you talk to me anymore?!?"