Britt

Dante's POV.

Both of our ragged breaths mixed and mingled. I had no clue of her reaction.

Her lips were slightly parted as her head was turned to me, her eyes glued on mine, one of my arms around her waist, and one gripping hand on her chin.

What I had said, though, was completely true.

Somehow, she came and dug her way into my chest and took my cold heart.

"Do you realize how much I need you?" I asked her.

"Why? Why do you need me? You were fine without me before I came." She said.

"I never was. I wasn't ok. You came, and gave me an indescribable feeling. I'm hooked."

"Do you know how cheesy you are?" She asked smiling. I chuckle.

"You're like my personal brand of heroin. And I'm addicted." I say.

"No! You little butt muncher!" She turned around and glared at me. I was completely confused. She took one finger and jabbed me in the chest.

"You thief! You stole that from Twilight!" She glared up at me.

I throw my head back and laugh. "It's not funny you little thief!" Crossing her arms and pouting slightly.

"Come here baby." I say opening my arms.

"No. Im not friends with thief's."

"We're friends?" Crossing my arms.

"Hardly acquaintances. Don't flatter yourself."

"I think," I approach her and grab her hip. "We could," I put my face in the crook of her neck and she places her hands on my chest. "Be more then friends."

"N-No." Breathlessly.

(A.N; I'll explain why it effects her so much at the end.)

"Did Tru Mane just stutter?" Backing up looking at her.

"Asshole." She mutters before turning and making the bottle

I turn around and head over to the little girl. Walking out of the kitchen, I enter the living room where the little girl has her hands up in the air, just hitting them together and giggling.

I tower over her. She looks up at me with these innocent eyes. She laughs as I smile down at her. I reach my hand down and she clutches onto my finger.

Her hand clamps on my finger and moves it. I just stand and let her. Her eyes continues to look at me.

"Hey cutie. Lucky, aren't you?" I ask. She looks at me confused before giggling. "Get to see Tru all time. Yea." I smile down at her. She giggles.

I sit down next to her, on the edge of the couch.

There's footsteps behind me, so I turn around. Tru is standing there with a bottle smiling at me. I smile at her.

She walks over and picks up the little girl and cradles her to her chest. "Hey beautiful." She says smiling down at her.

She sits next to me, leaning on the back of the couch, feeding the baby.

I scoot back and sit next to her. I just look at her. How can someone be so gentle and caring for something? How can she be so compassionate? It looks like she could never even hurt another person.

Then again, she did punch Veronica in the mouth. It was hot.

(A.N; Keep it in your pants Dante!)