Miracle

*Present time after the divorce*

Adrianna Diaz

My bestfriend Merle took Prince and Paris with her for the day and I went to visit my mom's grave.

I stared at her gravestone and wiped a tear from my cheek.

"Hey mom." I sniffed. "I'm sorry you have a daughter who's divorced at 30." I laughed in between cries and held up the brown envelope that contained the divorce papers. "I made sure I was a good wife to him. I don't understand why he had to cheat and lie on me like that. I wonder which of those things he called publicity dates were actually just that and nothing else. He spent the night with Lisa after the awards show and by the tone of Lisa's voice that night, it sounded like they been drinking."

My mom's framed photo just stared back at me. Days from when Michael and I were just dating in college and mom would cook for us played in my head. Michael loved mom's Gazpacho and mom would spoon feed him like a baby.

It was soon getting dark and I had to head back. I was going to spend the night with my dad at our old house. Prince and Paris were staying with Merle. I wouldn't be able to tend to them properly tonight anyway.

The car ride home was cold and quiet. I started writing Michael's name on the moist of the window and smiled to myself as more memories of him and my mom came to my mind. But the smile soon turned to tears as the news of him and Lisa at a restaurant flashed and her voice answering Michael's phone echoed in my head.

I stared at the wedding ring that was still on my finger and took it off. I took a good look at it before opening the window and forcibly threw it out.

I rubbed my eyes to fix my vision blurred out by the tears and noticed that we were already pulling up at the house.

Our house still looked the same but I knew it never felt the same without mom.

I stepped out the car, thanked Javon for driving me and he drove off.

"Adrianna.." my dad greeted me with a hug.

"Dad. I'm really tired. Is it alright if I go to my room and we'll talk tomorrow?"

He nodded and I headed to my old room.

Not much has changed around except for a few boxes sitting on the floor. I took my mom's framed photo on my desk and laid on my bed, crying my eyes out for the hundredth time today.

Mom, I miss you and I love you. I need you so much right now..

I was about to drift off to sleep when the bed started shaking. It was an earthquake. I stayed still on my bed with my eyes shut and held my mom's photo tighter, praying that it would stop and it did a few minutes later.

I heard my dad's footsteps outside of my room and the sound of the door to the room next to mine open.

"Dad?!" I called out.

"Yes, darling?"

"Did you feel the earthquake just now?" I was breathing rapidly.

"What are you saying? That divorce probably got you hallucinating. Get some sleep."

How could he not feel the earthquake that strong?

*

Michael Jackson

I decided to go home to my mother at Encino. I couldn't stay at Neverland. The house seemed too empty.

"Marriage isn't something you just throw away that easy, Michael." mother said, cutting through her steak.

"Mother, we were too unhappy with each other already." I looked at her. "I-I don't even wanna talk about this right now. I really need a break. Please excuse me." I stood up and left the dinner table.

I headed to the kitchen and took a bottle of liquor from the storage and brought it with me to my room.

I poured myself a glass and stared out the window. I could hear the sound of the water flowing from the fountain and it relaxed me.

I brought up my hand to look at the wedding band on my finger.

I'm sorry if all I did was cause unhappiness to you, Adie.

Slowly, I slipped the ring from my finger and clenched my jaw. I threw the ring out the window and downed my glass of rhum.

As soon as I set the glass on the table nearby, the room started shaking. It was an earthquake and it was a strong one. I stayed where I stood and waited for it to stop. When it did, I ran out and called mother and Janet from the stairs.

"Did you feel the earthquake? Are you guys okay?"

"What are you talking about, Mike?" Janet answered.

"I'm pretty sure there was an earthquake just now, Jan."

"I'm pretty sure there wasn't. Get some rest, Michael!"

I shook my head and went to bed.

I hope none of this ever happened..