First Date

Adrianna Diaz

It was rather an ordinary school day for me. When was this going to be over? I missed my children dearly.

"Is something wrong?" Stacey stops walking and blocks my way. "You look really out of it."

I gave her a faint smile. "I was just thinking. It's not a big deal." She nods at me before continuing to walk.

I felt myself almost trip when a pair of hands suddenly yanked me inside the broadcasting room.

"Michael? What are you doing?" I ask him as he locked the door.

"What am I doing? What were you doing going home drunk last night?!"

"What?! Am I not allowed to do that now? You told me it was best for us to live our lives separately, didn't you?"

"Oh, so you just let yourself fall in the arms of some man?"

"Well it wasn't me who went back to his first love! Does she even know you were married and have a kid?"

"Married?! We're divorced! I'm just concerned it's not right for a lady going home drunk and being dropped off by some random guy."

"You said it yourself. We're divorced, so I don't get the point of us arguing here." I stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind me.

Michael is very unpredictable. He tells me it was best for us to be on our separate ways then now he's snooping into my business.

Classes went on and I wasn't mentally in the room, not to mention my attention was called by professors a few times.

I missed my children..

"My name..." Paris smiles. "My name is mommy and daddy's baby." she laughs softly.

"Oh, I hash to twalk on it?" Prince reached out for the microphone above him bringing it closer to him.

"Go on, honey. What do you wanna say?" I asked Prince who was sat on the couch sweetly grinning at me and Michael.

"My name ish Prince Mikey Jackson and I'm mommy and daddy's baby and I wove my mommy and daddy and I'm mommy and daddy's baby." he giggles.

The two then runs to me and Michael attacking us with a big embrace with their tiny arms.

Eventually, lunch time came. I was seated alone the table when Noah made his presence known by setting down his tray.

"You know food tastes better when you're with a company." he sat down across me.

"Oh, I'm not alone." I pointed to Merle and Stacey who were making their way to me carrying their trays filled with food.

"I-I was talking about myself." he looked down his food and back at me as his lips formed into a smile.

God that smile.

"Oh, Mr. Centineo. Are you flirting with our friend here?" Merle nudges my arm with her hip and I scoot over for her and Stacey to sit down.

"I guess you could say that." he takes a bite of his celery. "I actually wanted to ask her out again." Noah's eyes turned to me from Merle. "What do you say, Adrianna? Movie, tonight?"

So the first time he asked me, I wasn't able to get back to him with an answer and I owed him this for saving me twice.

My spoon stops half way from going into my mouth. "S-sure."

Noah then smiles shyly. "I'll pick you up at 7."

Merle and Stacey proceeded to squeal and hold each others hands like they won an award or something. Noah and I just laugh at them.