Let's Live Separately

Adrianna Diaz

"You're looking good today
What's up?" Merle praised.

I laugh softly. "Do you see that guy?" I pointed to the beautiful wavy brown haired boy who stood by the entrance of our building, talking to his friends.

Merle follows my finger and gives me a surprised look. "Noah Centineo??"

Having heard his name made me remember who he was. The captain of the lacrosse team who confessed his feelings for me before freshman year ended. I saw him on tv once and he had become so rich and a successful history professor after school.

I nodded, my eyes still fixed on him. "Yeah. You know him?"

Merle put a hand on my shoulder causing me to look at her. "Are you on drugs? Apart from being dubbed as the most handsome of all handsome, he confessed his feelings for you before. He asked if he could take you out but all you told him was you were gonna think about it. I thought you weren't interested in him."

I stared at Merle blankly.

"I met him at your party and drove me home. He's a gentleman. Unlike Michael, who you set me up with."

I only agreed to go to that party even though I already knew it was when I was going to formally meet Michael for the first time, so I could dump his ass as early as now. And he wouldn't have to be involved with me and be unhappy..

"Yeah speaking of which, you guys fight like you've known each other. It was funny but we had to leave you two. The tension was intense." Merle laughs.

"Whatever. Let's get to class."

*

Michael Jackson

Alright. I can do this.

I tightly held the paperbag that contained some water, juice and snacks and made my way to the theatre room.

There she was. Tatum. She was sitting on the stage reading a script. Her friends who were by the side of the stage whispered to each other before calling Tatum to tell her I was here.

"Hey." I stood in front of her. "Remember me?" I smiled.

Tatum smiled back. "Of course I do."

I put my empty hand inside my pocket and laughed shyly. "Did you like the demo?"

I got to talk to Tatum last night at Merle's party and I gave her a cassette tape with my demo for Beat It.

"Yes I did. I'm sure it's gonna be a hit."

"Thank you. Umm...here." I handed her the paperbag.

"What's this?" she took the bag from my hand.

"Just some snacks." I licked my lips and pursed them.

"Thanks, Michael. That's really sweet of you."

"It's no problem. I-I just stopped by to give you those. I'm going to class now. I'll see you around." I waved goodbye to her and her friends too.

Tatum's friends squealed softly but I definitely heard it.

"Oh my goodness, Tatum. Michael totally likes you! The megastar has a crush on you!" I heard one of her friends tell her as I was walking out of the theatre room. I couldn't help but laugh.

I took my schedule out of my backpack and saw I had psychology class with the sophomore today. This was one of the classes I failed to complete because of my busy schedule.

I opened the door to the auditorium and scanned the room for an empty seat. I see my brother Randy and took the seat beside him.

"Retaking the class?" he asked.

I sighed. "Yeah." I checked my watch and we still had 10 minutes before classes start. I leaned back on my chair slouching a bit while playing with my pen.

"You!" a woman's voice echoed through the whole auditorium and we all turned to see who it was.

To my surprise, it was Adrianna. She was pointing at me and she looked mad. What was it this time? I swear, not a day has gone that this woman wasn't mad at me. She walked closer to me and grabbed my shirt.

"Ooh~" everyone said in unison.

"She's a wild one!" one boy shouted from the far end of the room.

"We need to talk." Adrianna said in a dead tone.

A book plopped down the table then catches everyone's attention, turning their heads away from us.

"You both do that some other time, class will begin." the professor cleared his throat.
Adrianna took her seat which was two columns to my left and a row down. I looked at her in disbelief as her friend whispered something in her ear.

"Alright class. I have an activity, I want you all to choose any one in the room to observe and write down words to describe them. The first things that come to your mind. Please don't forget to write the name of the person you observed and keep yourselves anonymous. You may begin."

I decided to write about Randy.

Silly

Monkey

Dancing clown

Bumhead

Irritating

I tried to stop myself from laughing.

A few more minutes later, we turned our papers in and the professor distributed the ones with our names on it respectively.

Let's see what someone had to say about me.

Liar

Liar

Liar

Liar

Liar

What?! I looked around the room and to my surprise I see Adrianna already staring at me with her eyes squinted and her jaws clenched.

Now I know what's up.

"Do you plan on being an actress?" I asked her as we walked to find an empty hallway after class. "You really had me thinking I was the only one who came back! Props to you! When did you know this was really me? Let me guess, you ignored me the first day I saw you walk to your building because what, you wanted a new life? You really are a crazy woman."

"Coming from you who instantly went back to his first love!" she spat out.

"I made you unhappy didn't I? Don't ruin your life by getting involved with me again." I took a deep breath."Let's live our lives separately." I left her standing there.

What did she want to talk about? Did she want to get back with me? She was so unhappy with me and my work was taking too much of my time and all those publicity stunts have hurt her enough. She should live her life and enjoy while she's here.