Habits

Michael Jackson

It was now morning and I see Adrianna outside sitting on the cabin porch. I went out to stretch and sat with her.

"Adie, you know I remember there was a bridge here somewhere. The one with the fireflies." I hint at our history here in Clear Creek and the fireflies.

"Did you notice how fresh the air is?" she dodges the topic.

"Yeah. I did. I'm glad you're enjoying the fresh air." I tell her, rather than get upset about not having my moment with her.

We quietly sat there as we watched Stacey and Darryl load up the van.

"Michael." Adrianna calls.

"What is it?" I ask her. She was looking at my face closely then lifted my chin up.

"You did a hasty shaving job again." she comments.

"Well the past lacked six blade razors." I complained and Adrianna chuckles.

It was then time for all of us to go home. I sat at the driver's seat and Stacey slams the van shut. I notice that Adrianna wasn't in the van and I ask Stacey why. She simply said that there was no more room for her in the van.
The two girls laughed at how oblivious I was to not know they were trying to give Adrianna and Noah some time alone. They told me to drive ahead and Noah along with Adrianna will tailgate. I had no choice but drive in silence and I was caught up in my memories on how the firefly viewing was supposed to go and how Noah ended up taking my place.

*

Adrianna Diaz

In Noah's car, I think back to the memory of me and Michael on that bridge.

"A-Adrianna.." Noah cleared his throat breaking the silence. "What do you think of my shaving skills?" he asks.

I tilt my head and examine his face. "It's pretty good. You did a good job." I tell him. I wonder why he asked though.

---

I was back home by 7pm at night. New Mexico to Los Angeles was a long drive. I join my parents for some TV. They were watching James Brown. Dad gets up to try out his dance moves and mom showed her superior dancing skills. I wondered if he really did love her.

*flashback to 1987*

"Adrianna. I think it's time to let mom go. I want to remarry." Dad says looking down.

Michael was sat beside me and I looked at him to help me out in talking with dad but he doesn't say a word.

I scoff. "Are you kidding?" It was horrifying to hear dad's words. Mom's loss was so new that it felt like she would still come home any minute. "How could you let go so soon when I still felt this way?" I stormed out and Michael follows behind me.

I stopped talking to dad after that but, seeing dad on one knee tonight singing to mom, my heart softened. He did love my mom.

*

Michael Jackson

The next morning in school, I dialed the national weather service for earthquake predictions. I wanted to figure out what phenomenon sent me back to the past. Frustrated with the lack of info the national weather service had given me, I head to the library.

I started with some Stephen Hawking then moved to a more pop culture take on time traveling.

Eventually all the information was getting too esoteric for me and I decide to head to my classroom.

Fate (Michael Jackson Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें