Should I cry alone again?

Michael Jackson

I wander around town thinking back at what happened in the library. How close Adrianna was to me and how something clicked when I'd asked her about the ring mark on  her finger. It all just clicks into place for me.

I check out numerous jewelry stores knowing Adrianna and I bought our wedding rings somewhere in the area. I finally come across the correct one, and sure enough the rings were there.

After purchasing, I drive straight to Adrianna's house but I stop on my way there as I spot Adrianna and her mom at the nearby park. I watch them from afar with a smile on my face but the smile soon falters as I realize how happy they looked. They walked arm in arm and I just watch them, my grip on the steering wheel tightening and I turn to my side to look at the bag on the passenger's seat that contained the wedding rings.

Am I really doing the right thing?

*

Adrianna Diaz

Prince...

Paris...

Images of them filled my head as I was writing on my diary everything that happened. I wrote about our family in the future and the divorce and how I woke up finding myself back here in 1982.

"Anna. Are you busy?" mom peeks. "I was going to go for a walk and wanted to ask you if you want to join me. You can go back to what you're doing."

"No mom. It's fine. Let's go." I quickly stood up and grabbed my jacket before leaving the house with mom.

We pulled up to the park and started strolling, there were things I wanted to ask mom.

"Mom, if I got married, then divorced, what would you say?" I ask.

"I wouldn't let you get married to someone you'd get divorced with." she sighs. "Do you think I always like your father? There are things I don't always like about him and I'm sure there are things about me he doesn't like. That's the way things are. You can't always make it right."

"You're right. There are things the other person doesn't like about me."

"You? You always have a weird personality." mom laughs.

"If you were there, would my life had gotten better?"

"Why are you saying things like that? Nothing in life is easy. You have to go through trials and errors."

Mom and I reach the benches where we then witness a drunk man in a suit who stumbles upon strangers asking if they were looking down on him. He was so emotional and was shouting, demanding answers.

"Are you looking down on me? Are you? Are you?" the man in the suit asks, grabbing another man by the collar of his shirt. He was pushed and told to go away.

"I'm human too!" he shouts at everyone. "You all cannot keep telling me what to do and you should all stop dogging me! I do everything to make the people around me happy! But what about me?!"

The man's words sound all too familiar as I watch him fall to the ground. My eyes fill with tears. I remember Michael saying something incredibly similar that night we argued.

"You know I only do those things for you and our kids. I wanna be able to provide and give everything to both of you. My fans are the reason we could afford the luxury of the world and in return, I want to give them what they want and deserve! What else do I get for this? People using me to jumpstart their careers, being called a liar and a cheat by my wife, wacko, rapist, and gay by the media! Using my words and twisting them to mean something else! I don't understand, I feel so caged. They forget I'm human too. I'm so unhappy with my life right now."

I could hear his words in my head. But this time, I hear it in a different way. Like I can finally detect the pain behind it.

Mom and I pull up at the driveway and she starts to head inside the house. She stops to face me when she notices I didn't follow her inside.

"Why aren't you coming inside?"

"Mom. You wouldn't let me get married to someone weird, right? Even if I beg, you'll choose my husband right?"

"Of course, Anna. I'd choose someone who wouldn't make you cry."

"Mom, you should get inside. I need to go and see someone." I ran to the car and made my way down to the boulevard and dialed Michael's beeper on the car phone.

"Where are you? I'm here by the boulevard. I'm crying. Should I cry alone again?" I say into the phone.

I stare out the window while I wait for Michael. I was caught in a suprise when I see a ball rolling from the other side of the street and a kid was running to retrieve it. A car horn then makes me jump up before getting out of the car to grab him but I freeze as the car came barreling toward us.

Out of nowhere we were pushed to the side out of harm's way. The man slams into the windshield and rolls onto the street. My eyes widened at the sight of the bleeding man.

Michael..

"Michael!! No!!!" I scream as I ran to his side. "Stay with me.. Stay with me!!"

I frantically look around screaming "someone call an ambulance now!!! My husband!!!" I sobbed as hard as I could. "No no no.." I shake him. "Get up, please. Get up, Michael!!!"

A tear rolls down Michael's cheek before finally closing his eyes.

Back then, if I knew everything I know now, we wouldn't be here.