chapter 24

chapter 24
Elphaba's POV
"Glinda!" I shouted as she walked out the door
"Fae? what's wrong?" Fiyero said as he came up behind me and rested his hands on my bump. "is it the baby?" he asked sounding worried.
"no. everything is fine honestly" I said turning around and smiling at him.
"..okay, look if you don't want me to go-" I cut him off.
"are you crazy?! you must go! see the wizard find out what his problem is and come back it'll only take you a few days" I rushed as I walked away and went to the bathroom.
"Fae.. you have to be supportive of me. I know you hate the wizard but I really think he has changed and he could get our lives back on track" Fiyero called through the door.
"our?" I snapped "Fiyero in his eyes I'm dead" I gasped the side of my belly was swollen and my ribs ached.
"Fae..open up" he cried pushing the locked door handle. "let me in...I need to know you're okay" he called.
"Yero... I'm fine just leave me for a minute I need to think" i trembled.
after a minute the shadowy figure disappeared and I was alone in the bathroom.
"shoot" I gasped as I felt my belly again.
Fiyero could be hurt by the wizard or even worse......killed..again.
"Fae?" Yero said, the door was unlocked as he walked in and I was sitting up against the wall crying.
he came over and rested his hands on my knees and pulled my waist closer to him.
"I know I'm not as strong as you think but baby trust me, everything will be okay" he reassured me.
"really?" I looked back up at him, our noses nearly touching. "Fiyero you could be killed out there... people could find out that I am alive..they could hunt me down and kill both of us" I said wrapping my hands around his back and sighed as I rested my head against his shoulder.
"I'm not going to let that happen in one million years" he smiled and kissed me softly and dried up my tears that burned up my swollen face.