43

───

───

     "H-HOW DID YOU—"

     "you thought some cheap transfiguration shit would be able to fool me? think again", sukuna spat, harshly pushing the woman off the futon, as he stood up, rummaging through the room.

     opening the wardrobe, a lifeless body fell out, to which sukuna had promptly caught it.

     "oi, woman! wake up", sukuna demanded, pinching himari's deadly cold cheek, as her complexion was just as white as the yuki-onna's.

     "don't bother. her soul's hidden", the yuki-onna stated, transforming back into her original appearance, as she rubbed her sore neck.

     sukuna snapped his head back around, glaring at the pale woman.

     "where did you hide it?", the demon king inquired, to which the female had sighed.

     "over this mountain; in a jar, buried under the snow", the dark-haired woman answered.

sukuna narrowed his eyes, carefully picking up himari's freezing body, as he was nearly out the door, before the woman had stopped him with a question.

     it was quite peculiar actually, as the yuki-onna — who was given the name yuki, by himari — had conversed with the red-haired woman before she had hidden her soul.

     "are you the legendary yuki-onna?!", himari excitedly asked, wowing at the woman's silky black hair and perfect face sculpture.

     "indeed...and are you not afraid, human? I could easily freeze you to death", the demon replied, causing himari to chuckle and shrug.

     "nahhh! ryō's scarier", himari said.

     "ryō? are you referring to sukuna-sama?"

     "mhm! oh, and also gojō and suguru...and tōji! they're all pretty scary when together", himari mumbled, imaging the four going on a killing rampage.

     the yuki-onna simply hummed, as she was supposed to kill the woman. however, she was actually quite intrigued by her relaxed attitude.

     "anyways, do you live up here all alone? isn't it lonely?", himari asked, glancing around the small home, as she thought that it was pretty cozy.