Extensive Research

(A/N: This chapter is a collection of various notes/observations [but not all of them] from Golf Ball as she and Tennis Ball studied the contestant's abilities. Just wanted to clarify.)

March 25th, 2020. Page 1 of what I've learned about the other's abilities.

I'm fortunate to have such a good comrade at my side here. Two globules will likely make this much faster than if it was just I working on it. But enough about us.

#2, Tennis Ball: He seems to be able to create up to eight arms for himself. To be honest, any more than two is a little unsettling, but eight is just downright creepy. He resembles a spider. I wonder if that would trigger Flower's entomophobia? May want to test when Flower comes down here.

#7, Pencil: She can erase seemingly anything with that almost magical eraser of hers. I don't use the word "magical" lightly, but I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot here. I've given her many different substances to try and erase - concrete, steel, wood, titanium, plutonium - yet she can eradicate every single one with ease. The most bizarre thing is that she is even able to erase liquids and gasses from existence; I tested it using lava from my incinerator, and if she moves her head around fast enough, the whooshing of air to fill in the gaps that she creates can be heard. She's literally creating vacuums with her head. I just don't understand it.

#9, Teardrop: TD appears to be able to steal anyone else's voice and use it as her own. When she talks with my voice, I find myself unable to speak until she is done speaking, no matter how hard I try. The same goes for laughter, or anything that normally requires a voice box.

#14, Book: Fortunately for us, Book can recover any dead object she wishes to simply by writing her name on one of her pages. She'll be quite useful until Four returns. She's eaten a yoyleberry to increase her own durability, and she's graciously accepted to stay down in the factory while I find out more about the next abilities. I will likely need a source of recovery handy.

#15, Basketball: Basketball's gravity changing abilities works on both sentient objects and inanimate objects. She describes using it as imagining a slider in her head, with it being at "9.8" in the center by default - Earth's natural gravitational pull in meters per second. She can move the slider up to increase someone's or something's gravity by approximately three times, and she can move it down to decrease gravity levels. At zero, the target object is entirely weightless, and the slider can even go below zero; in this case, the target object will begin to fall upwards, away from the planet. She claims she nearly sent Grassy into orbit by accident this way.

#16, Needle: Although this is not the power I'm the most intrigued about, Needle's ability to move between mirrors like portals is still probably one of the most unique things I've ever seen. Tennis Ball and I built several mirrors and placed them at various spots around the factory, and she is able to enter and exit any of them at will. She's also able to bring others through as well, as long as she maintains contact with the person/people while entering. Inside the mirrors is an environment like nothing I've ever seen before, and in fact, I may need to start a new paragraph just to be able to properly describe it.

For the most part, the "mirror realm" is nothing but a blank void. The "sky" is completely white all around, with the "ground" being slightly off-white, presumably so it stands out. The front of any visible mirrors act like windows, allowing anyone looking to see through it and into the world on the other side, while the backs of mirrors resemble nothing more than a hazy shimmer in the air. But the weirdest part is how our bodies act in this environment. We don't get hot, we don't get cold. We don't need to breath, and we don't feel anything - physically, that is. It's like our nerve sensors simply don't work. I was constantly unnerved (pun not intended) by the fact that I felt like I was always floating, since I couldn't feel the sensation of my feet on the ground. At least gravity seems to work as normal.