More = Merrier

"Does... this look good?" Puffball dropped the marker she was holding in her mouth and proudly showed off her drawing to the others.

Pen and Liy inspected it, and Pen just chuckled and shook his head. "Puffball, maybe you should just leave the drawing to the pros."

"What pros? From what I remember, you're the one who made your team lose in an artistic-based contest."

"Hey!"

Liy huffed indignantly. "Yeah, and that's the contest that caused me to get eliminated next episode." She swiped the paper from underneath Puffy's floating body. "I'll make the posters for this."

From nearby, 8-Ball spat a pencil out of his mouth. "Come on, guys. There's no need to fight. All of us have already made significant progress on the main schematic together. What's the final number of contestants again?"

"Donut has telekinesis, Barf Bag controls water, Gelatin has magnetism, Marker controls dirt and stone, Leafy controls air currents, Match controls fire, and Woody controls plants and greenery," TV said promptly. "So, seven."

8-Ball glanced down at the blueprints under him. "A shame it's not one more."

"If I can't draw, then I'm going to go find someone else to help us," Pen said. "...do we need any help?"

"We could probably use someone to help us advertise once the poster is done. The more, the merrier. Perhaps Ruby? Her power is superspeed, right? She could quickly go spread the word."

Pen nodded. "I'll go look for her."

He quickly sprinted away from the others and took a good look around the massive field of dead grass they all lived in. Unfortunately, Ruby was nowhere to be seen. In fact, the others had stationed themselves in a spot that was a ways away from everyone else so they wouldn't be disturbed when planning, but that resulted in Pen having to run quite a distance to even get to anyone.

By the time he reached the nearest object - Pie - he was already panting and had to pause for a breather. "What's up, Pen?" Pie greeted politely.

He held up a finger, then took a second to rest until his breathing returned to normal. "Have you... seen... Ruby anywhere?" he asked between gasps.

She scratched her chin. "I don't believe so. Why?"

"Me and a... couple others are trying to... find someone to... advertise something." Pen straightened, his breath mostly returned. "Since she has superspeed, we hoped she could get posters out about an event to everyone."

Pie smiled calmly. "I think I may be able to help you out with that."

"Really?"

She nodded. After a moment of silence and Pen glancing around awkwardly, Pie's left side suddenly started to blur. It then began to stretch, growing away from the rest of her until suddenly, she was split into two. Two identical Pies sat next to each other. "What the heck!" Pen exclaimed. "Did you just undergo mitosis or something??"

"No, silly. It's just my ability."

"Oh." A thought occurred to him. "Say... are you able to create more of those clones?"

Pie smiled again. "Why do you think I said I could help you guys spread the word?"

"I'm back!" Pen called over to the others.

Liy looked over at him. "Finally! You really took your time. Also, where's Ruby?"

"I couldn't find her. But I found someone much better suited to help us!"

Pie walked out from behind him. "Hey."

Glancing between the two Death PACTers, 8-Ball's face scrunched up in confusion. "How will Pie be able to assist?"

Pie closed her eyes, and everyone else's widened as Pie split herself into two, three, four, five. All the clones simultaneously waved at them. "If you need a bunch of objects to spread word of this event of yours, then I'm your gal."

"Wow." Puffball's jaw dropped open. "That's so cool! I'm starting to wish I had a superpower. How many clones can you create?"

The baked goods shrugged in unison.

8-Ball shook off his amazement. "Ok. Um. Well, our arena's going to be big, so we need you to spread the word to as many objects as you can find. Including recommended characters."

"Sounds like a plan. What do I need to say?"

"You don't need to say anything. I've drawn up a poster ad that you can give to anyone you see." 8-Ball glanced at TV, who generated a photocopier. "Once we've got enough copies, that is."

" 'k." One of the Pies sat down as the other four suddenly vanished from existence.

Liy put her hand to her chin. "What's the next step? Should TV just generate the arena now?"

Shaking his head, TV pointed to Pen with his foot. "Not yet. The blueprints are done, so I'm able to do it, but we want to make sure we have all the right equipment first. Pen, can you think of a location we should go to get these?"

"Yeah! I know just the place!"

As Pen uncapped himself and began to draw on a piece of paper, Puffball floated over to TV's. "Why can't you just, I don't know, generate all the equipment we need and the arena?"

"The arena is a massive structure with many complexities. It will likely be difficult to generate as it is, and my abilities may have a limit. We need to be prepared just in case."

"Aight."

TV took 8-Ball's poster and placed it facedown on the photocopier. Pen placed the cap back on his head and stepped back. "There. It should open in a second?"

"What should open?" Liy queried, curious.

"Take a look!"

Liy stepped forward to see a crude doodle of what looked like the front of a building. As she watched, the drawing wobbled and stretched, then dissolved completely. In its place was... Liy wasn't sure what she was looking at. "What am I looking at?"

"It's my power!" Pen said triumphantly. "For any location that I draw on paper, some weird, inter-dimensional doorway that leads there open. This one goes to Yellow Face's warehouse, which has over a million products but is thousands of miles away normally. It's really nifty!"

Liy smiled slyly. "Oh, so that's why you're here. I was wondering why the others recruited you to help organize this event."

"Hey!!"

"Last one through is a rotten Eggy!" Puffball shouted. She shot through the portal at warp speed, causing a gust of wind to blow on everyone's faces. Pen jumped in right after her.

8-Ball looked away from the photocopier from a second. "TV and I will stay behind to make sure these posters print properly. Liy, can you go with them to make sure they don't burn the place down? I don't want to be on Yellow Face's bad side."

"Sure." Liy gave them a thumbs-up before looking down at the doorway. She smiled. "I've found my next adventure!"