Dentist couple

Liz's Pov:-

"Look Charlie, I won't hurt you!", I told the nine year old scared girl laying on the chair.

"B-But I-I'm scared.", Charlie cried. I sighed. "Love, do I look scary to you?"

She shook her head sniffling. "Then?"

"Your tools and stuff!"

I chuckled. "I'll tell you what I'm using. They aren't scary either, I promise. If you be a brave girl, I'll even give you a candy. Please will you let me give you a check up?"

She slowly nodded. I smiled and wiped her tears away. "Good girl." I put on my gloves and mask, switched on the light and aligned it to her mouth.

"Do you know what this is?", I ask taking a mirror. "A m-mirror."

"Exactly! Mirror's can't hurt you Charlie. All it does in this case is, making your little teeth look bigger to me so I can see if there are any bad guys in there."

She smiled a bit. "There's that pretty smile. Now can you open nice and wide for me please?"

She opened her mouth and I quickly slipped a finger and the mirror in. "Thank you." I continued telling Charlie everything I did and thankfully she had no cavities, I made small talk with her and gave her a cleaning, being done twenty minutes later. As promised, I gave her a candy for being a brave girl and a new toothbrush before leading her to her mom and they walked away. I smiled. I love my job.

It was lunch break for me so I went to the cafe nearby. As I got my food and went out, someone slammed into me straight, sending me down to the floor.

"Oh shit! Ma'am are you okay? I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!", a girl said who was already helping me up by my arms.

"It's fine.", I mumbled, feeling something wrong in my mouth where it hit the pavement. "Oh your face is bruised, I'm so sorry.", she gushed, who was panicking. She looked like a teen.

"It's okay, I'm fine.", I insist. "I can get you free food, I work here! I was running late and I need the money which is why I was rushing, I'm sor-"

I gave her a hug. "Love, it's okay.", I said. She pulled away and smiled. "You're so nice."

"Gotta go though.", I said checking the time, I have a couple more patients before the day ends. "Are you sure you don't want food?"

"I'm good, thanks."

I walked back to the clinic to check the damage. I looked in the mirror, the side of my lips had a little scrape. I drank some water and winced as my tooth hurt. Great. Dentist treating patients with tooth problems of herself. I tried to check myself what's wrong but didn't see anything. 

My assistant came in with the patient and I carried on. When the day was over, I drove over to my husband Harry's clinic. He is also a dentist. 

His staff smiled at me as they also packed up for the day and I knocked on Harry's door before opening it. 

My husband was typing away on his computer, updating patient files. His curly head turned to look and his face broke into a grin.

"Hi baby."

"Hey.", I walked up to him dressed in scrubs and wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning down to peck his forehead.

"Woah what's this?", he asked, fingers coming up to brush against the side of my lips.

"Yeah about that." I explained to him and he giggled at me falling, idiot. 

"And now my tooth hurts, I have to wait till Saturday to book an appointment, days in between are busy."