❥ 𝑻𝑾𝑶

ARTEMIS||

The car ride was pretty quiet, my mom was driving while singing and I was staring out the window. The tall trees enclosed us, leaving only a dimly lit road.

The academy was maybe six to seven hours in car, and currently, it's been five hours in a half since we left. We will soon arrived.

The academy was very strict on security, it was located in the middle of a forest and had cameras everywhere outside to ensure the safety of the students.

Luckily for us there was no dress code but we had to
I quote "wear appropriate clothes". I think everybody has the right to decide how they want to dress.

My mom started singing louder and I turned around laughing. Her body moved in a strange way as she sang. She made a fake microphone with her fists and sang as if her life depended on it. I started singing with her too, creating memories.

The rest of the trip went normally, my mother and I singing and laughing.
-
We arrived in front of a very large building, the ceilings were like in castles with some brick towers.
The big black windows were all symmetrical and
I had to look up to see the whole building.

We were very late because no more students were outside and the cars were all gone. The director always make a speech at the beginning of the year. Looks like we missed it. I don't really care, it's just that maybe he said something important. I don't know why we need to be there at 10 a.m. It doesn't change anything. There's no school the first week.

We parked in the parking lot before getting out of the car. My mother was already crying. I hugged her tight and felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

I was crying too.

"Oh my beautiful Baby, I love you so much." Her voice cracked at the end and i stopped crying.
I sighed and reassured her. "Mom, everything is going to be okay"

She took her head off my neck before pulling me by my shoulders as she looked at me with a smile. Her brown eyes sparkled as she gave me one last kiss on the cheek.

"I know, but I love you so much and staying home alone is going to be difficult." Her smile faded a bit and she lowered her head. My mom has sleeping problems, she needs to take multiple pills per day and that makes extremely stressed.

I lifted her chin and she looked at me again, her eyes filling with tears.

"Listen, I'm going to call you very often and I'll send you pictures okay? Plus Loupie will be with you all the time. "

I wanted to cry at the memories of my beautiful white cat.

Loupie I love you.

She nodded and got into the car.
I took my suitcases out of the trunk and walked over to the driver's window.

"It's going to be fine, I love you" I gave her my best smile.

"I love you too sweetie" she said and started to cry again.
" Oh and sweetie?" She looked a little bit excited.
"Yeah?"
She handed me a bag and I looked at her confused.

I watched the car pull out of the parking lot and drove further. I looked at her the whole time.

I sighed and walked towards the huge wooden entrance.

The old lady at the reception always had the same fake smile despite the years. Her glasses that fell over her nose went perfectly with her looking like a witch.

"Hello, your name?" She didn't even look at me. She was 'busy' eating a donut and watching some videos on her phone.

What a bitch.

"Cromwell" She opened her computer as she rolled her eyes, once it was open she tapped on her computer before taking a bite of her crusty donut.

"Of course how to forget" she smiled at me but obviously it was a fake one. We never had a good friendship, she was never friendly with me and so was I.

I gave her the same smile before she handed me a key.

"Room 304." She had removed her fake smile and looked at me with a annoyed look.

I took the key and put it in the pocket of my sweater.

"Thank you Solange." I headed for the elevators. There were five floors in the school and they were huge. Floor one, two and three were for school and the others were the dorms. Not everyone could afford sleeping in the school, but only the people who lived close could sleep at their house. Some people like sleeping in the school even if they live close.

Once i enter the elevator, I opened the bag my mom gave me. I'm a little excited. What would it be? I saw a small paper that says, ;
for you and maybe your roommate? Oh, I totally forgot about that. I can't wait to know my new roommate.

Who will it be? Will she be nice? Are we going to get along ? Do I know her?

The bell rang, which showed that the elevator was on the 3rd floor.

The doors opened and I walked into the large hallway, there were plenty of doors. The white walls were cleaned which is very rare, the red carpet on my foot was cute, Always so fancy.

I turned a few hallways before arriving at my bedroom door.

I drop my suitcase on the floor and put the key in the lock. The door opened and I smiled to myself.

The bedroom had two double beds and a nightstand for each bed. The walls were white and the floor were in wood.

At my right, in front of the beds, there was a door. I think it's the bathroom.

I put my suitcases next to the bed near the window and opened the door.

A large bathroom was in here. Very modern, a glass shower was in it. A small sink was on the wall and right next to it was a toilet.

All the items we would need were there.

Two toothbrushes, toothpaste, towels and hand soap. They are so nice.

I went back to the bedroom and started to unpack my suitcases. There were 2 drawers in the bedroom so that we could arrange our clothes.
I checked what was in the bag my mom gave me.
I practically scream in joy when I say 3 bottles of oat milk.

She know me so well.
I love oat milk.

I sighed and jumped on the bed. A little nap wouldn't hurt anyone.

 A little nap wouldn't hurt anyone