❥ 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬

ARTEMIS||

I rub my face with my hands before taking off  my glasses. Damn, I really need to get them cleaned.
It took me more than two hours to sleep because I was all stressed about Mateo, what if he tells the whole school? What am I going to do. Jenna will not always have my back, and I don't have other friends. I sighed at those bad thoughts. Stop overthinking damn.

I finally got out of bed and checked my phone. I immediately close my eyes due to the brightness of it. I check the time and sighed in relief.

6: 30 am. Okay I didn't wake up too late. I forgot to put my alarm yesterday.
Even if the curtains were closed, I could see the sun starting to come out.

I text a quick 'good morning' to Jen before stretching. I make my bed, take my clothes and got in the bathroom. Luckily for me, Mateo was still sleeping, so I could use it without being disturbed.

Once I had washed and dressed myself, i brushed my hair and my teeths. I put on some perfume. I was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a baby blue skirt. My hair was in a high ponytail. I feel cleaned and pretty. I smile to myself, telling me a couple of motivating phrases.

I got out of the bathroom, took the keys of the room, my backpack and got out.
I lock the door before walking in the hallway.

The smell of citrus tickled my nose and I hated that.
I like when it's clean but I hate that smell. I made a weird face before entering the elevator. I need to eat and the school offers the meals so why wasting my money when i already have a free breakfast. The only problem is that the cafeteria is in the basement, so it's always cold there.

The bell rings, I got out of the elevator and saw Jenna already sitting in a table with a guy.
The more i approached her table, the more I could see him. They had the same hair color and he had her perfect tanned skin. Maybe he's her cousin?

I sit in front of them to have a better view of him. The guy had dark hair but beautiful emerald eyes. Hi hair were gathered in a bun, but they didn't seem too long. Damn dude's ripped. His white shirt molded his arms, his muscles were big and could make any girl in front of his knees. He looked like a model.

"Ah, there you are!" Jenna says annoyed. She rolled her eyes. She was eating scramble eggs with ketchup on it with a glass of chocolate milk, what a weird combo.

"Good morning too Jenna" I rolled my eyes.
It's seven in the morning and i'm already being yelled at.

I couldn't stop thinking about that night, the way his hands were burning my skin when he touched it, the way his cheeks reddened when I winked at him. The way my body is so attracted to him.

The guy put his chin on his hand, looking at me.
Jenna stand up and pulled me into a hug, I didn't hug her back because of how tired I was.
"I know you didn't sleep,but I promise you everything is going to be alright." She whispered so only i could hear her.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "If he tells anyone about what happen and you weren't okay with it, i promised you that they wouldn't be able to have kids anymore." She continued.

I don't know how she knew what I was especially scared of but she knew it and I was happy that i wasn't alone. She was there for me.

I took a deep breath, calming down my emotions.
Oh she smells good.
"Vanilla?" I asked intrigued. She pulled away from  me and turned to sit back beside her cousin. I still didn't know what what his name.

"Yep" She nodded, i don't understand how she knows everything I'm talking about. I didn't even talked about perfumes. She's definitely a witch. I rolled my eyes mentally as she take a bite of her eggs.

She has a serious problem with ketchup.
She wiped her mouth with a napkin before taking a sip of her orange juice. Okay now I'm hungry. I was about to got up to take some food before she cleared her throat.

I looked at her weirdly. I need food, I want food, i'll marry food.

"I want to introduce you to my cousin." She expressed. Oh, so he really was her cousin. I suddenly look at him. His mouth was curled in a slight smirk before he tapped Jenna's back so hard she choked on her milk.

"You know I don't like it when you talk for me" He says. He had a thick Italian accent, well that's pretty much normal he's from Italy.

I bit back a smile while Jenna was struggling to breathe. I took my bottle of water before giving it to her. "Don't die Bitch" She rolled her eyes before taking a sip of it. She was still coughing when her cousin speak up again.

"Hi dear, my name is Luciano but you can call me Luci." He offer his hand, which i didn't refuse, i smille at him and take his hand. Wow, his hand was massive.

His smile was so contagious. He seems sweet.
"Hi Luciano, I'm Artemis, This bitch's best friend, i heard a lot about you." She glared at me and I hold back my laugh. He passed a hand on his neck, scratching a scar that looked new. I could see the back of his arm. Tatoos

I couldn't really see them from where I was and I don't want to look weird so I won't look at them. I turned my head, feeling someone staring at me. I lock my eyes with hazel ones.
Mateo

He walked in the cafeteria like he owned the place. Guys like him have a serious problem.
Everyone turned their head to look at him. Girls practically drooling over him.

He was wearing a black shirt and grey sweatpants again. His black shirt tugged to his muscles and I can't lie, he was hot.

He was still looking at me, not breaking the eye contact. I jumped when Jenna put her hand on my shoulder. I break the eye contact and look at her. She was smirking and was looking at Mateo.

"Looks like someone's enjoying the view" She wiggled her eyebrows." I don't know what you're talking about Jen, he's not looking at me." I lied. I waved her off and stood up, ready to finally ate my breakfast.

"He's probably thinking about you naked- " I put my hand on her mouth, glaring at her. Is she serious?! We're in public. Luciano turn his head to look at us and smirk. " Who wants to see Artemis naked?" He asked raising and eyebrow. He wasn't judging me like I thought, I think he found the situation funny.

"Okay, I'm done with you guys, I'm going to get some food and this conversation must be finished when I come back" I started walking to the buffet. not wanting to be in this embarrassing conversation anymore.
God, I could feel my cheeks burning. I hate when Jen does something like this. It makes me so uncomfortable. I took a tray and wait in the line.
-
I took a coffee with no sugar and no milk with a croissant and a banana. Once I got my food I came back at the table to only find an empty one. Are they serious?? They leaved me like this. My shoulders dropped as I sighed before siting. I guess I'm going to eat alone.

I took my oat milk out of my backpack and put some in my coffee. I hate cow milk. I took a sip of it. Shit, I burned my tongue.
Fuck why is it so hot. I grimaced and put my coffee on the table back. It's clearly not my week.

I was about to took a bite of my croissant when someone sit beside me.
Huh?

Just a reminder that this book isn't a love triangle 🐒