23. inevitable ending

Jacobs POV.
Dec 23rd. Later that day...

After eating at Ruby Slipper Cafe , Anaya and I were now waiting to see Miss Bellerose. It's been a minute since I've been here so I doubt she remembers me.

"Bubby?"

I was quickly pulled into an embrace by the dark-skin chromatic woman in tribal hippie pants.

I guess she does remember me.

"Wow! look how you've grown. Let me look at ya"
She gripped my shoulders and turned me side to side , eyeing in awe over how much Ive changed in 8 years. She has definitely gotten shorter. Her hair was cut into a pixie and she had a undercut. As usual, she wore a measuring tape around her neck. Never seen her without it.

"Hello Belle , how are you?" I smile down at the middle aged woman and start to reminisce. I was 5 years old going to Miss Bellerose for my fittings since I was a pretty short & chubby kid. That's where the nickname bubby comes from. All my pants would fit weird either too big or too small.

She gives me a smirk as I introduce her to Anaya. After a while of chatting, she grabs a hold of Nayas hand and leads her to the back where the fittings take place. Miss Bellerose had a way of completely capturing the perfect look for practically anything. You just give her your thoughts and she makes them a reality.

After what felt like hours of scrolling through tiktok and odd conversations with strangers, Anaya emerges from the back room with a wide smile on her face.

"The dress she helped me design is gonna look soo good for the ball. I'm so excited," She squealed. Her happiness radiates onto me causing me to smile back, "I'm glad you love it."

We are then interrupted by the sound of my cell. I excuse my self and answer the unknown ID, only to hear Canes voice on the end.

"Figlio...I got a job for you."
__________________

I was now driving down bourbon street. I had told Naya that I had some business to take care of and left her with Miss Bellerose. She's safer there anyways. Who knows where Cane needs me now.

I pull up to the destination to find Rocco & Gianni posted out front of what seemed to be a secluded warehouse. Despite it being barely 5, it was dark out making the place seem eerie and uninviting. I quickly send a text to Cane letting him know I've arrived and hopped out the car.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"sei in ritardo" (you're late.). Gianni retorted- stepping out of the black tomahawk. He wore all black and his hair neatly slicked back. Also couldn't miss the piece he had sticking out his pants. Out in the open. He looked like he meant business.

I roll my eyes and turn towards Rocco questionably.

"Cane changed his mind." Rocco chuckles a bit and then motions me towards him. "You can go."

"Ookay did he say why?"

"Lo stupido! since when does Cane have to explain himself to you?" Gianni snapped at me while taking out a cigar and sparking it.

"Relax. just go back to your girlfriend Jacob. We got this one." Rocco winks at me and gives my cheek a light pat.

"She's not my- whatever." I glance at them both before walking back to the whip.

What was up with those guys?__________________________________
Anaya's POV.
6:45pm

Jay had finally came to get me but he was acting strange. I watched his expression as I excitedly went on and on about the accessories and the great detail my gown was gonna have. He would smile a bit but he wouldn't hold it for long. He didn't seem upset. More like he had something else on his mind.