14. my brother and me

Naya's POV

Naya's POV.
BIO class📍

I stood in front of room 438, Bio class, waiting for Jacob. He asked me to meet him here cause he had something important to ask me? I don't know.

I leaned against the lockers looking through my explore page on instagram. That is before I see Jacob walking towards me looking smexy as ever.

Only one thing was different about him today. He looked the same way when I saw him for the first time. A fresh bruise sat on his jawline towards his pink lips. It was slightly faded, but obviously noticable.

"Hey Naya."

"Hey Jacob. Did you get into a fight or somethin?" I laugh a little to try and make it seem it like I'm not being nosy.

"Uh something like that...look what are your doing this Saturday night?" He leaned against the locker facing me, playing with his silver ring.

" I mean besides stuffing my face and getting diabetes nothing much." I shrug.

"Ok? Well there's this Masquerade Ball ...gathering thing my family is throwing...they throw it every year and a bunch of other snobs are invited and I'm inviting you cause it would make it tolerable." He looked up from his engraved ring to meet my gaze.

"a masquerade ball? Wow that's..."

"You don't have to come if you don't want to." He clenches his jaw, continuously twirling his ring.

"Well if you would let me finish, I was gonna say, 'wow thats awesome, I would love to." I smile cheekily and lightly punch his arm. "Looks like your taking me dress shopping too." I add while he rolls his eyes.

Clearly he gets that from me.

"Fine. We'll go to the mall tomorrow after school." He smirks and makes his way down the hall towards 8th period class.

Once he turns the corner, I jump up in circles, squealing while everyone stares at me judgmentally. I could care less cause this is basically a date.

"I have a date!" I sing-songed.

——————
2:45pm

I have finally made it home and all I want to do is put my feet up and relax. I trudge up the wooden steps and walk into my room to find my big bro, Sean, sitting on my bed.

"OH MY GOD SEAN!" I squeal and jump into my brothers arms. I haven't seen him in forever. God I missed him.

"Hey baby sis." He stood up, hugging me back tightly.