25. court

It was almost 11

It was almost 11. Only about an hour had passed and the ballroom was now packed. There was a band on stage playing a slow classical tune, while men grabbed their partners and joined the dance floor.

Anaya sat at her section surrounded by people who seemed regular to her, but held more power than she could acquire. She watched as Jacob spoke. He held a serious expression as he conversed with his father. Her eyes then trailed on to Cane as he entered the section, then watched Jacobs father walk out.

"You must be Anaya."

Anaya jumped slightly and turned to the freckled brown haired girl suddenly sitting beside her.

"Hi..?" Anaya responded questioningly. Who is this girl and how does she know my name, she thought.

"I heard that Jacob was bringing someone, I'm assuming that's you?" She responds noticing Anayas expression.

"Uhh yeah. Who are you?"

"I'm Melina.. how do you know Jacob?"

"Melina, leave her alone" Jacob responds before Anaya could answer. He walks over to her with drinks in his hands and hands her one.

"Whatever, I was just introducing myself." Melina rolls her eyes and struts off. Dramatically swaying her hips side to side.

He sighs then takes a seat by Anaya, making sure their thighs were touching lightly. He then grabs her right hand into his.

"You really look beautiful tonight. Truly beautiful Anaya."

Anaya lowers her head shyly. He always seems to know how to make her gush and smile like a kid in a candy store.

"keep your head up love." he lifts her chin with his hand so that she was looking at him. His eyes looked a bit lighter tonight. He smelled good too.

"You told people about me?" she asks unexpectedly.

"Melina is just nosy"

"Oh..." she looks away towards the group of people dancing and talking. The music slightly deafening her ears.

"I mean I told a few people." She looks up to see he's staring at her, amused and smirking. She playfully shoves him then takes a few sips of her drink.

Their small moment is cut short when a few men in suits enter the section and walk over to the lounge chairs Jacob and Anaya were seated.

"Ah Jacob my boy"

Jacob let's go of Anaya's hand as a tall slim dark haired man walked over to him open armed. He stands quickly and embraces the man, who even rubbed his head in the process.