18. back to reality

Naya's POV.
2 weeks before winter break

I jolted awake to the sound of my phone ringing. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and answering the phone to notice that it's 7:50.

"Hello?" I widen my eyes at how manly I sounded.

"Bitchhhh! Where the hell are you! I haven't seen you since like last week." I smiled slightly at the sound of Tay's voice. This girl is always worried about me.

"I've been...home. I might not be in school tomorrow either." I unplug my phone from its charger and roll onto my right side. Since my fight with Jacob I haven't been to school and I really didn't want to go so I wouldn't have to see him.

"Girl, winter break is in two weeks. If you keep missing school then your gonna have to make it up over the summer."

"I know." I groaned while getting up from the squeaky motel bed and into the dim lit bathroom.
"I'll come in today, just a little late." I sighed annoyingly knowing that Taylor was right and I can't keep missing school. If I run into Jacob I'll just ignore him, but he's not gonna stop me from getting my shit done.

"Yay! Ok I'll see you later. Muah" Tay hangs up the phone putting me in silence once again.

It's bouta be a long ass day.

———————
For my return to Riverdale High, I just went with a basic supermarket bag top, weed socks, ripped jeans and red puma sneaks. I seemed basic, but completely comfortable and normal looking. I check the time to find that it's 8:50. I'm prob gonna miss my first two classes.

After doing my regular skin and hair routine, I grabbed a mini backpack and filled it with regular school essentials

After doing my regular skin and hair routine, I grabbed a mini backpack and filled it with regular school essentials. I grab my bus pass and rush out the door and down the steps and of course, bumping my shoulders into someone and spilling the contents from my bag.

"Dammit! I'm sorry!" I bend down quickly grabbing my things.

"Anaya? right?" A familiar voice replies. I look up to find it's one of the boys I bumped into my first day here at the motel.

"Oh hi, um, Manny." I stand dusting myself off to greet him.

He chuckles shaking his head before correcting me, "It's Mario. Are you ok?"

"Yeahhh sorry, I'm just in a hurry to get to school." He helps me grab the rest of my things and puts them in my bag.

"Oh Dominic can give you a ride, he got a sweet new whip for his bday and shit." He takes out his phone and has a short convo with who I'm assuming is Dominic and then hangs up. "Alright he gon be pullin up in a min, have a nice day at school." Before I could tell him that I was fine taking the bus he already was gone.

———————

I sat on the sidewalk playing with my laces when a sleek black Ford Mustang pulls up nearly running over my feet. I quickly stand up and awkwardly glance around until the drivers seat window slowly rolls down.