2. the ones we leave behind

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS RAPE AND MAY BE TRIGGERING

2 days later
Anaya's Pov.

Its Wednesday and I'm tired as fuck. It's the middle of October, and this rainy weather just makes me want to sleep longer. I was up all night facetiming with Chris. It's hard having this long distance relationship, but it's worth it. I care about him and he cares about me, that's all that matters.

As I stretch, I check the time. 6:30. Wow I woke up five minutes before my alarm. I shut it off and go to the bathroom, while I'm on the toilet my mom yells, "Anaya are you up?!"

My mom was a beautiful woman. Long curly hair that is easily tamed, dark skin, big brown eyes and a young face that has guys all over her. I wish I was just as beautiful as her.
I yell back that I'm up and begin getting ready.

I start the shower and wait for the water to get warm. I use this time to scroll through social media or text my friends from back home.
________________
I began rummaging through my closet when I see the time reads, 6:50. I literally spent over 12 minutes in the shower. My outfit I picked out was and old young TLC shirt, Nikes, vintage high waisted jeans, pair of chokers and my hilfiger cap. Since it was the 4th day of Junior year and I had all my supplies, my brother went out and bought me a new backpack.

I slipped my Algebra Homework into my back pack and walked down the steps to be greeted by a man around my mothers age

"Oh you must be Anaya! Your mother has told me all about you". My mother what. This would be the second guy my mom has brought over here. She's lucky Sean's not here cause he would have been all over this dude. He was weird and he kinda talked funny, but I had to be polite.

"Nice to meet you", I said before excusing myself and walking up to my mom who sat in the kitchen sipping her coffee.

"Ma who's the guy in our living room", I ask hoping she gives me a straight answer without beating around the bush cause she tends to do that.