4. a time to heal

Anaya's Pov

Anaya's Pov.

I woke up at 6 am not feeling myself, so my mom allowed me to stay home. The truth is I couldn't sleep because of the pain from the bruises. Luckily, by 9 am Gary went out with her because she wanted to catch up with his life and what he's been doing. I still couldn't believe I hadn't told anyone, not my brother or my mom. I absolutely hate lying, but I had to.

I haven't heard from Chris since the other night. Mainly since I was ignoring his calls and texts. I'm petty as fuck so I leave his texts on read. I know eventually we're gonna have to talk about him being a cheating asshole.

It was Friday and honestly it was a beautiful day. The blue sky just a few specks of grey. The sun was out and the streets were busy and loud. Everyone out and about, doing their own thing and such.

I was on my laptop doing some homework when I saw I received an email. My bio professor wants to transfer me into Honors Biology. That sounds cool, but there's a higher chance of me failing because Honors classes are 1ox harder. I emailed her back that once I talk to my family about it I would let her know.

I didn't wanna stay home all day so I decided to go get a job. I got up and walked around the house towards the kitchen.

I make myself a plate of eggs and bacon with a glass of Apple juice. When I was done I washed the dishes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. After I was done doing what I needed to do, I walked towards my closet. I picked out a pair of jeans, striped shirt and my Adidas.

I grabbed my house keys and walked down the street towards the bus stop. I saw a café downtown, not in best part in town, but they're hiring. My mom could use the money, this way Gary won't live with us anymore.
_______________
I finally arrived at "Ivy Waters Café", the cutest little corner café down the street from the downtown bus stop. Right next to the café was this creepy looking tattoo parlor. Of all places the café could be, it chose to be here? There were two buff men standing in front of the tattoo parlor smoking. They whispered to each other while looking at me, so I hurried and made my way inside the café.

Once I walked in I was immediately greeted by a short lady with short hair. "Welcome to Ivy Waters Café, we don't just make your coffee, we make your day! what can I do for you you today?", she beamed up at me.

"um I heard that you were hiring and I wanted to apply", I said while looking around. The place was small and cozy, but it had a lot of charm. The entrance was a rustic red that creaked once opened. The table and chairs looked vintage, but fresh. It smelt of coffee (of course) and warm croissants. It was ravishing.

She motioned me to follow her to the back and told me to wait in front of the door. It was cracked open enough for me to see that's it's an office. I stood there for two minutes when a man with gray hair made his way towards me with open arms. He hugged me tight before letting go.

He looked at my face of uncertainty before saying, "Oh I'm sorry, its just that not many people have applied here recently and we've been going bankrupt. The help is needed and deeply appreciated", I smile in understanding. Hey if this means I get the job than sure.

"So when can I start?"
___________________
Mr. Haligan, the café manager, had just finished showing me the ropes on how to run the café. How to make the coffee or treats and such. It was all pretty straightforward. I'm so excited to start.

While waving goodbye I exit the café. sigh. What a cute little place. I squeal in excitement that I actually got a job on my first try. I'm looking through my phone to text Tay when I crash into a hard chest.

"Watch where you're going!", a deep voice yells at me. As I look up I'm slightly surprised that's its one of Jacobs twin brothers, not sure which one though. The sun is so bright that I squint while looking up at him. "Anaya right? are you ok?", his voice laced with worry. Whaaat? dis boi knows my name?!

I notice that I'm clutching my shoulder and I quickly let go. "Uh yea why wouldn't I be", I lie to get out of the situation. "So if you would excuse me", I speed walk pass him. Good looks definitely runs in the family.
______________
Its 7pm and my mom is still out with Gary. She called to let me know that they're at a friends house. I was bored so I invited Taylor over to chill for the time being.

ding. dong.

I run down the steps huffing and puffing. damn I need to exercise a little more or I won't be able to walk to the fridge without dying. I opened the front door to Taylor with a bunch of snacks in her hands. I love this binch.

"Hey girl! Do I have shit to tell you, so this guy Michelangelo or some shit, he's a transfer and he basically wants me to suck his dick. Like boy I'm not about that kind of stuff ya know? I mean not now at least. He wants me and I just can't cause he's an obvious fuckboy", Taylor rambles while walking towards the kitchen. Its funny how she hates gossip, but always has so much to say.

I grab blankets and Tay grabs the bowls filled to the brim with snacks. We had the TV playing in the background, but we just sat, ate and talked to each other. I told her about Jacob, my new job and running into Jacob's little brother. Tay then had the nerve to say that I should get with Jacob because we "interact so much, its destined". I just took it all as bullshit.

It started getting late and we had school tomorrow. Taylors stepmom came to pick her up and I cleaned up before I basically crawled into bed. Today was a good day, I was happy and my bruise was starting to fade away. I munch on my pop tart as I felt my self slip away into a deep slumber.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
COMMENT AND VOTE PLZZZ❤️