CHAPTER 2: Family Dinner

Mom and I together with Anna spend the whole time dealing with customers. Some clients are coming back just to order products for giveaways and gifts. Anna is a really big help for today's challenge. It seems like she loves doing it. "What a day!" I spoke. "Cheer up Luisa. Your business is quite popular these days." Mom supported me again and again. "It was really flattering when people come and buy your products every now and then. I can hardly feel how my business is growing." I said with an excitement. "Anna, I thank you for the big help. It became easier for us". "Not a big deal. I can always give a hand if you really need help" she said. "No wonder why you studied marketing. It really fits you" she added. "It's probably because I love doing it. It's my passion" I said while fixing things in the shop. "Do you want to see my office?" I asked Anna. "Sure" and we headed upstairs. "Mom, we'll just be here for a moment" I shouted after I realized we were with mom. "Take your time my dear," shouted mom. Upon reaching the front door of the office, Anna realized something. "You really love the Eiffel tower" she said while looking at the Eiffel tower design beside my office. "Yes. I've been to Paris before because my parents live there already. I visited them twice. I've decided to have something like this because I really liked it and it always remind me of them since they're far away from me" I said while touching my Eiffel tower. "Shall we go inside?" I asked. "Okay" and I opened the door and went inside.

Anna saw the pictures at the corner of the office. "You seemed really close to Aunt Gina and Uncle Francis" Anna said when she noticed all the pictures. "Mom, dad, Aunt Gina and Uncle Francis are very close to each other. They used to hang out together. That's why my parents trusted them so much. They were the one who decided to let Aunt Gina and Uncle Francis to accompany me. Everything you see in the picture is our memories. We travel out of town. Just the three of us" I explained and Anna seriously listening. "How does it feel like being with them?" Anna asked. "I'm happy. They make me happy. I know that what happened to them is really a dream come true." I said while imagining all the things happened during those times. "The only thing that didn't happened, you were not there. You are not present fulfilling those dreams." I added. "I'm sorry for that. I may not be able to join you fulfilling this dream, but I'm trying to help. If I'm here, I will help." said Anna. "I know. I always know that. There will always be a place for you, anytime. You can go back" I said with a sincere heart. "Shall we? Mom is waiting'' I invited her to go downstairs. Anna looked at me seriously. "Luisa, can we talk for a minute?" she said. "We can talk later after dinner. I'll make time for you but not this hour. We must close the shop". Anna nodded.

At downstairs, Dad is already with mom. They were waiting for us to come out. "Sorry to keep you waiting" I said while getting my things and my key. Anna went straight to dad. "How's your day here, Anna?" asked dad. "It's fun. I do love working here," said Anna. "That's great!" said Dad. "Can we have something delicious to eat?" I asked. "Of course, where do you want to go?" asked dad. "We can go to somewhere we've been before with the four of us." Mom suggested. I think about the place we've been before, but I can't recall any. "Do you still remember the place?" I asked Anna. "I don't think so because we usually eat at the place where you guys living and sometimes at a fast-food chain and even at the parks" she said. "I think we just need to buy food and eat at my condo. What do you think?" I suggested with a huge smile on my face. "Good idea!" said mom. We closed the shop, and I started my engine and everyone was inside the car and left the shop.

Inside the car, I was the one driving and Anna is beside me. Mom and Dad are at the back. We headed to buy a one whole chicken and crackers for our dinner. We also bought beer for after dinner. Dad, Anna, and I usually drink before with special occasions. This time, since we reunited again as four, we decided to celebrate it. Mom usually drinks a light beer. After that, we headed straight at my place/condo. Anna seemed familiarizing the place. We went inside the elevator and press the 7th button of the elevator. The elevator opened and looked for my room. I opened my door and went inside. "This place of yours really suits you, Luisa," said mom. "Why do you think so mom?" I asked. "It's peaceful. Even the design of this is very just like you," said mom. "Thank you so much mom! You're the best! Look, this will also be your home. You can sleep here too if you want guys." I said happily. "Can we eat now?" dad asked. We all laughed at him. We knew he's already hungry. Of course, we are too. We prepared the food and ate.

Mom and I wash the dishes while Anna and dad were talking at the terrace. "So, what did you and Luisa talked about?" dad asked Anna seriously. "We didn't talk. She just told me stories about your memories. Then she said that the only thing that didn't happen is I'm not part of those memories. What we have planned, I am not even there with you. Though, I realized that I am sorry for what happened between us. She promised to talk to me after dinner." Anna explained. "Is that so? I think they're not yet done washing the dishes" dad said. "What happened to you guys upstairs at the shop?" mom asked me. "I was just telling about our memories" I said. "That's all?" mom asked. "Yes. We didn't talk about anything, but she wanted to talk after dinner. I just don't have any idea what's it all about" I said.

Meanwhile, mom and I finished washing the dishes. We headed straight at my living room and watched a movie. I decided to go to the kitchen to get some beer. I didn't notice that Anna followed me. "Oh! You scared me!" I scream. "I didn't mean to. I'm sorry!" Anna apologized. My heart was pounding. I really thought I just saw a ghost. "What happened?" Mom went straight to us to see what happened. "I just got scared because of her. I thought some ghost or what followed me" I said while frightened. Mom just laughed so hard and leaves the kitchen. "What brings you here then?" I asked Anna. "Well, I thought we're going to talk" she said while smiling. "Oh yes. I almost forgot. What is it about?" I asked. "Can we go there at your terrace? So, we can talk comfortable" Anna suggested. I just nodded and went there. Mom and Dad looked at us. I just answered them with a gesture.

I wonder what it was all about.