CHAPTER 5: Late Night

Anna was standing in front of my condo. I opened the door and there she is. "Anna! What brings you here?" I asked. "I'm just visiting this popular girl. By the way, have you seen a bouquet of flowers here and chocolates in front of your door?" she asked. "Did they come from you?" I asked. Anna nodded. "I just bought food in case you didn't eat your dinner yet and left them here. I knocked your door so you can get them" she explained. "You really know, don't you?" I asked. "Of course," she answered. We get inside my unit and head to the kitchen. "Oh. So, you're putting the flowers inside a vase now." Anna noticed the flowers at the top of the table. "You're right. I was about to put them but suddenly you knocked" I said while putting the flowers inside the vase and smelled its fragrance. I remember how Anna surprised me for bringing bouquet of flowers while I wait for her. "This is the 4th time you gave me flowers, Anna. Do you still remember those days?" I asked sweetly. "I do. All of them" she said with a serious look.

She even bought food for dinner. McDonalds is our favourite fast food. We were able to talk about things happened in the past when we got separated. We still enjoy the company we created. I think this is a better start for both of us. We may not be able to get back to where we did start. All I know is we're okay now. "I'm glad we're okay now. I thought we will never go back like this" I said with a sincere look. "I'm happy that we can talk like this right now. Late nights are the best moments you know" she said. I smiled and looked at her. "What?" She noticed that I was seriously looking at her then I laughed. "Well, it's nothing. I just want to look at you. I think I was just dreaming" then I laughed. "I think it's getting late. You need some rest. I'd better get going" Anna said while fixing herself. "Can you sleep here tonight? It's dangerous outside. It's late." I said and stood up to clean the mess on the table. "Do you mind if I sleep here with you?" she asked. "No not at all. We used to sleep together before. Are you ashamed?" I asked. "No. Okay, I'll stay here." After I cleaned up the mess, I fixed the bed and offer her clothes to make her comfortable when she sleeps. "Does it fit you?" asking her while she's inside the bathroom. "I guess you're too sexy. It's fit" she said. "How about this?" reaching her the clothes then accidentally I opened the door of the bathroom.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to open the door. My foot slipped on the floor." I turned around for me not to see her body. Anna started laughing. I felt awkward. I decided to go outside of the bathroom, but she grabbed my arm and pulls me. "Stay here. I need to ask you something" she said. I don't know what she's trying to say. "Do you have another toothbrush I can use?" she asked. Thank God, it's not something else. "Oh yes. I have. It's here in the cabinet." I hurriedly get the toothbrush inside the cabinet and gave it to her. I also brushed my teeth. We both used the bathroom. After that, I stayed in the bathroom then she went outside because I'm going to do my thing. Once I'm done, I headed to the bedroom and found her in the terrace. "What a beautiful view. I can hear the waves" she said referring to the beach waves. Anna loves sight-seeing. I learned to appreciate the beautiful things because of her. I wonder how lonely she is when she's alone at night.

"Are you okay living alone here?" she asked me a moment of silence. "Yes. I've been here since I am 26. It's been three years" I answered. "What about you? Aren't you lonely?" I asked. "I just accept the fact that I need to be alone. It's just a matter of training I guess" she said. "Didn't you miss me?" she asked. I was about to look at her for what she asked. I just smiled. "Sometimes." I spoke. "What do you miss about me?" she asked. "Everything" and she was stunned on what I said. "What?" she asked as if she didn't hear what I said. "Everything Anna. I miss everything about you" then I turned around her. I went inside and decided to lie on the bed. She followed me and laid on the bed too. I am facing the window, and she's facing me. "Please look at me" she requested. I turned around and faced her. "I marked your every word, Luisa." A tear came out at the corner of my eye. "I know you missed me, and I know that you still love me Luisa", she said while looking straight into my eyes. I cover may face to her shoulder and she hugged me. I feel safe because of her hug. I can feel the heat of her body. A moment of silence, then I fell asleep.

"Please come back, my love." Anna whispered while brushing my hair with her palm and fell asleep.