CHAPTER 12: Office Stress!

The day is quite a distraction for me. I was at the shop right now and all the stress are in me. I can't believe that I lost all my inventory which I didn't know how it happened and I found out that one of my staff have opened my computer while I'm gone and never came back for work after the incident. As I was reviewing the CCTV footage, she was trying to steal all my money, but she didn't have the chance to get them because my vault is hard to open. Her name is Sheila. She is the newly hired staff of mine in the shop. Mom and I didn't know her intention to steal any from the shop. We thought that she is a good person. While we're taking our lunch outside the shop, she decided to go inside of my office. She was looking at my computer screen and did something. She deleted all my files including the inventory. Thank God, I realized that I have a logbook for my entire inventory. It was a practice for me to record my entire inventory in the logbook just in case my computer will not be able to work.

We helped Sheila on her needs. We even gifted her things for her child. But she destroyed everything. She lost our trust for her. She will never be welcomed in my shop again. Anna called while I am conducting a meeting with my staff. "Babe, is it true? Aunt Gina called me" Anna asked. I told her everything. She was very disappointed on what she heard from me. After the meeting, I decided to stay at the office for a while to fix my inventory. I was able to type everything in the logbook but didn't finish it yet for the whole day. This is the first time that happened in the shop. No one has ever had the intention to ruin my shop. I felt a sudden ache in my head. I don't want what happened in my shop. I decided to close the shop early in the afternoon so that I can relax myself for a while after the incident.

I told Anna that I went home early. Mom accompanied me for a while at my condo. She will be just waiting for dad there to pick her up and Anna to come home from work. Mom couldn't believe that Sheila will break our trust. "I don't have the idea that Sheila can do such things like that. She's a very timid girl and we even helped her" mom said. I agreed. "Even your files were deleted" mom added. We really do not know her intention. After an hour, one of my staff called me. It was Danica. Danica is only 2km away from Sheila's home. She heard that Sheila was brought to jail for stealing money from other shop. Thank God, it was not my shop. I can have now the feeling of satisfaction that she will no longer steal from others because she was brought to jail now but the only thing, I am worried is for her daughter who is still young. Anna came home and I talked about Sheila.

In every business, many situations come our way just like the situation that Sheila wants to steal money from the shop. But whatever happens, the goodness of every person will only come out if God has ever proved you that He can surely help you by praying for what you needed. Then God, will find its way to make your wish come true and expect that it will happen in God's perfect time.

Justbe careful and choose wisely whom you can trust when it comes to hiring ofemployees of your own business. This would become a lesson for me.