Thirty six

Carmen

I walk down the hallway, about to leave now that the school day's ended, with my headphones in my ears, minding my business. I'm extra happy to leave school today because tomorrow is the day we start Christmas break.

Which, thank god, because a break is definitely needed for a small while.

Except when I pass Alexander he makes eye contact with me and then proceeds to mouth whore and make a movement with both his hands and mouth open.

A cold chill runs down my spine and him and the others laugh as they continue past me.

I stop mid hallway and stand there frozen for a moment.

My fists clench and I keep my head high. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Alexander," I call out as I turn around.

He spins around with a smirk on his face.

I cross my arms. "What is your issue?" My eyes narrow.

He shrugs nonchalantly. "Nothing, all I'm saying is I think it's funny you're sucking that poor druggie's dick."

My heart rate picks up and I feel the sweat forming. Except I make sure to never let my composure fall. "I'm not performing oral activity on anyone," I state calmly. "What makes you think that?"

Ben next to him grins. "Don't get aids from the needles," he calls out, putting his hands around his mouth to act as a microphone and ignoring my question.

A few people look at me in disgust and my mouth goes slightly ajar.

Without saying anything more, I turn around with my chin in the air as I walk away.

I bite my bottom lip. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Ignore them. Ignore them. Ignore them.

A tear trails down my cheek as the cold winter air hits my face.

Their words ring in my head loudly.

This. This is why I wasn't going around flaunting my relationship with him. I wish I could. I want to. Because I'm proud of the man I'm dating. I am. But I don't want to hear their stupid fucking comments.

Another tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it.

Hopefully they're not giving him a hard time. Even if they were, I doubt he'd tell me.

Stop being sensitive Carmen. What they say doesn't matter.

I choked cry leaves my throat and I lift my hand to my mouth.

Why do you have to take their words to heart?

Am I too sensitive?

More tears fall down my face and by the time I've gotten out of the car and walked through the front door, I'm practically a water fountain.

I don't know if anyone's home, but just in case, I run up to my room and close the door behind me.

My eyes close and I lean my head against the door, my hair falling around my face.