Bonus Chapter

Romero
4 years later
24 years old

I rub my eyes tiredly and I groan as I walk up the few stone steps to the front door.

Shit I could use a fuckin' nap right now.

The alarm beeps as I walk inside and shut the door behind me.

I drop my keys and wallet on the wooden entry table and yell out for Carmen as I walk into the living room area.

A smile pulls onto my face as I see her typing rather aggressively on her laptop with her grandma of a rabbit laying on her feet and staring at her.

Her attention is so completely attached on the laptop that when I press a kiss against her temple she gasps and jumps, her hand landing on her heart.

Wild surprised eyes meet mine, but soon relax a second later when she sees it's just me.

"You scared me," she catches her breath and wipes at her tired eyes that match mine. Then with the stretch of a hand she holds onto the back of neck before pushing her soft lips against mine. "Hello cutie, how was work?" she asks once pulled away.

Taking her laptop off her lap, I place it on the coffee table and crawl on top of her and groan tiredly.

"I was very focused on writing my law paper due tomorrow, but alright then," she chuckles into my ear and runs her finger through my hair.

I mumble out un-intelligible words and muzzle my nose into her neck while making myself quite comfortable on top of her.

Her arms go around my back and her finger nails calmly scratch my skin through my shirt's cotton material.

I am one lucky ass fucking man.

"You're like one of those big dogs who think they're a lap dog. You're 6'4 and muscular and putting all your weight on me."

My smirk lifts as my eyes remain closed. "Did you just compare me to a dog?"

She giggles and a full smile breaks across my face. "Yes, I did." My smile stays and I snuggle my cheek closer against her shoulder as her lips make loud smacking noises from kissing my head.

"We ordering food today?" I ask.

She hums. "Pizza? I would've made something but this paper has been taking up all my attention for a good five hours now."

"I'll order a pie."

We usually take turns cooking and doing household shit like that. Except with her in law school and me working all day at my job, we don't always have all the time in the world do shit.

After forcing myself to pull my body away from the warm comfort of her's, I go to the kitchen and stare out the small window above the sink while ordering a large plain pie along with two sodas.

We moved into our first house about a year ago now. And to say it's been Carmen-a-fied is an understatement.

One day when I have a bit more cash I would like to get us a bigger house, queen-castle rather, but for now I've never been more grateful.

I didn't think I'd live past sixteen. And now I'm living with the love of my life who I've been with for six years now, have a stable job, and living in a small house we worked hard for.