Niall's son Strep throat

"Dad my throat hurts," Aiden said putting his hand around his throat.

"I know buddy, we're gonna get you to the doctor soon," Niall told his son. He had him wrapped in a blanket in your bed watching a movie together. Your oldest and youngest sons were at school but your little Aiden had been complaining about his throat for a few days now and he didn't seem to be getting better. He had a slight fever and a cough and Niall assumed he had strep and would need medicine. Aiden snuggled in close to his dad for warmth. Niall wished you were home with him too. You were off on a business trip leaving Niall alone with the three boys. Niall held Aiden close in his arms comforting his little boy as best he could. Aiden started to cough causing him to cry out in pain.

"Daddy it hurts," he sobbed. He buried his head in Niall's chest sobbing in pain. Niall rubbed up and down his back not knowing what else to do for the poor boy. He had just taken medicine but he was still in a lot of pain.

"How about I get you a Popsicle and see if that helps your throat, yeah?" Niall asked softly. Aiden sniffed and nodded, letting his dad get off the bed. "I'll be back buddy," Niall told him. Aiden nodded with tears in his eyes. Niall hated seeing his boy so sick. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a Popsicle from the freezer and brought it back to Aiden. "Here you go, big guy," Niall whispered handing the Popsicle to Aiden. He took it gladly and cuddling back into Niall when he got back in bed. Aiden fell asleep shortly after finishing the Popsicle. It was now noon and his doctor's appointment was at two. Niall let Aiden sleep for as long as he could. Liam had promised to pick his other two boys up from school and take them to his house while Niall took Aiden to the doctor. He grabbed his phone and texted you.

To Y/N: Aiden is still in a lot of pain. Taking him to the doctor in a few hours. Think he's got strep.

He hit send and leaned back. He watch the football (Soccer) game for a while before he knew he had to wake Aiden.

"Hey buddy," Niall said softly. Aiden groaned and looked up at him. "Time to get you to the doctor. He'll get you all fixed up." Aiden nodded and Niall carried him to the car. They drove to the doctor's office where the doctor looked at Aiden's throat and nodded.

"I'm almost positive he's got strep. We'll do a strep test just to be sure," the doctor told Niall. Niall nodded. "Alright buddy, open your mouth wide." Aiden did as he was told and allowed the doctor to take a swab from his throat, gagging a little as he did. "Great job buddy," The doctor said. Niall rubbed Aiden's back.

"Great job pal," Niall whispered. The doctor left the room leaving Niall and his son alone. Aiden shivered.

"Daddy I'm cold," he told his dad sadly.

"I know buddy. We'll go home soon and get you in bed," Niall replied. Within a few minutes the doctor came back.

"He's defiantly got strep. I've prescribed him with antibiotics which will help as well as something for the pain. Hope you feel better Aiden," the doctor said kindly.

"Thank you," Niall said. He picked up Aiden's medicine and took him home. "Alright buddy let's take this stuff, it'll make you feel better." Without hesitation Aiden took his medicine. "Great job buddy. Let's lay down in Mommy and Daddy's bed while I call Uncle Liam." He took Aiden to the bed and grabbed his phone and called Liam.

"Hey Nialler, how's Aiden?" Liam asked.

"He's got strep. Any way you can keep the boys tonight? I don't want them catching it too."

"Course, they're having a blast over here."

"Thank you so much Liam," Niall sighed.

"No worried bro. Just get Aiden better. Call if you need anything."

"I will. Thanks Payno." Niall hung up and went back to his room. "Hey pal, you hungry?" Aiden nodded. "Alright, I'll get you something." Niall went to the kitchen and made Aiden a bowl of chicken soup. He took it back to him where Aiden gladly accepted it and ate it. When he was finished and fell asleep in Niall's arms. Niall kissed his head and held him close all night. After a few days of rest Aiden was back on his feet and feeling much better.