Chapter 54: The Sun Makes You Look Golden

Author's Note: I created a Spotify playlist for Anxious. Every song that has been in the chapters are on there. If you want to check it out the link is in my description.

~

~

~

*Song: Alive by One Direction*

 We've been on the road for about four hours after leaving our hotel room in St. Louis this morning. Harry has been in a better mood since the other day when we had to stop at the motel. Yesterday we spent the day at the Gateway Arch which was really cool considering I've never been there, not that I've been anywhere. He won't tell me where we are going today. What I do know is that there is fifteen minutes left until we get there. Harry decided that he wanted to listen to One Direction on the way here so that's what we are listening to. Not that I have a problem with it, I was practically groomed by Kenna to know all the lyrics to every song.

"My mother told me I should go and get some therapy. I asked the doctor, can you find out what is wrong with me? I don't know why I wanna be with every girl I meet. I can't control it. Yeah, I know it's taking over me. I'm going crazy. Can't contain it. So tell me just what I should do?" Harry sings. He tells me listening to this music really brings him back. Things were a lot different when this song came out for the both of us. He was in the biggest band of the world and in his, what Kenna liked to call, his frat boy era. Whereas I was in Boston in my senior year of high school, living at home with my father. It was crazy to think how different my life was back then.

"I miss summer," I say, randomly.

"Why is that?" he asks.

"I just love the feeling of summer. I have since I was a kid. You never have to worry about being cold. There is just something freeing about summer," I explain and he nods.

"I understand what you mean," he says

A few moments of silence go by after that. I don't really know why I brought that up. It's something about today, what it looks like. Today gives me that summer feeling even though it's only April.

"We're here," Harry says, looking over at me smiling. At first I don't really know where we are until I read a sign saying Grinter Sunflower Farms. I immediately smile.

"You took me to a sunflower field!" I shout in excitement.

"Yeah, how could I let us pass through the sunflower state and not take you to a sunflower field?" Harry questions, giggling at my reaction. I Immediately get out of the car and look around seeing the giant sunflower field in front of me.

"This is crazy," I mumble to myself.

Harry walks up to stand next to me, looking out on the field too. He looks at me and smiles at my reaction to it. My mother would've loved it here.

"Shall we go in?" he asks and I nod. He grabs my hand and brings me into the field. I'm speechless, all I can do is look around. "What do you think?"

"I think this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I've really never seen anything like it," I say, smiling. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"I couldn't not bring you here," he says.

I continue to look around in awe. This reminds of the sunflower garden my mother and I planted when I was a kid. Our garden obviously wasn't this big but it was to me, being so young. I hear Harry's phone camera go off from behind me. I turn around to look at him, he has the biggest smile on his face.