29.

TRIGGER WARNING: violence/assault
Olivia Thomson

Well, shit. How am I supposed to respond to that?

"I— I am sorry." I say, not even really being able to comprehend what was happening.

"What? Why are you sorry?" He laughs with his forehead pressed against mine and his arms pulling me close.

The next thing that comes out of my mouth takes me by surprise, I didn't even think before I said it.

"I need to end things with Dylan." I suddenly blurt out, not even realizing I said it. I immediately shoot my eyes open to see Harry with a more serious look on his face. I feel his grip on me loosen before he pulls himself away from me, and I immediately regret ever saying that.

"Olivia..." He speaks out, stepping away from me and into the living room.

"Shit— I-I don't know why I said that... I'm sorry.." I say, scrambling my words out of nervousness. Why the fuck would I say that?

He continues to walk around the living room, circling the coffee table with his head down pacing as if he was deep in thought.

"Harry— I really... I don't know why I said it just please don't thi—"

"I told you I don't date." He interrupts me, speaking coldly. My heart immediately sinks to the bottom of my chest, and I suddenly feel sick to my stomach.

"I-I know... I didn't mean it like that." I blurt out, trying to be careful with my words. We were having such a good night until I had to go and fuck it up.

"I should go." He says, before grabbing his things off the counter and walking towards the door.

"W-wait Harry I... I didn't mean it like that—"

"It's ok. Just... just call me later ok?" He says, standing in the doorway with his hand on the knob.

"Ok. I'm sorry." I say one last time before he nods at me and turns around, opening the door and leaving.

What the hell is wrong with me? I sounded crazy... I mean I literally sounded crazy. I sounded like a clingy girl who when the second she gets any kind of attention drops everything for a guy. I am not that kind of girl... I was planning on breaking up with Dylan anyways, it just came out the wrong way. That was the worst thing I could've said. Harry has told me so many times he doesn't date, and then boom I put him in a horrible position.

Fuck me.

I throw my head back and groan out of embarrassment, and walk towards my couch, plopping myself down and letting out a long sigh. I rest my head back and shut my eyes, it's been a long ass nice, and I need out of this dress. I stand up from the couch and walk into my room, pulling out an old black t-shirt and red pajama shorts. I change into them and walk into the bathroom, taking a long look at myself.

My hair had lost its curl, so now it was just a frizzy wavy mess. My makeup still looked ok, with just a small mascara smudge on my eye. I brush my hair through and put up in a low ponytail before rinsing my face off, taking off all of the makeup.

Once I finish getting ready for bed, I drag myself out of the bathroom and into my bed, burying myself under the covers.

I reach over to my nightstand and pick my phone up, checking all my notifications.

4 missed calls from Dylan.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

What do I do? I panic before opening up the message app, finding Dylan's contact before starting to type,